4.2.2 Update

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got the notification on my today, tried updating via OTA using OTA RootKeeper app and got a error, any ideas? I've tried the video from QBKing77 but cant get into the screen to flash via adb. Running the stock rom, rooted no custom recovery

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just remove your Google account and log in again . then you can update and install apps again . guess this is a small bug for 4.2.2
Its an odd bug that hasn't effected my N7 or N4 but did effect the GN. I think I tried everything before finally deleting my Google account. It beats the heck out of a factory reset!

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just tried updating my N7 again, still got a error, here's what its looking like for me. And yes, it still boots up and runs fine, just no freaking update

Attachments

• 20130214_163520.jpg
    20130214_163520.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 89

rap1

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I heard that 4.2.2 would fix the long charging times on the Nexus 7. I wonder if that's true because this thing takes 3 to 4 times longer to charge than my first generation iPad.

How long does your take to charge? Mine is seems fast compared to my old Archos. I don't know what iPad times are like. Are you using the OEM cable and charger? I know some cables use an older technology that isn't as fast.

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
No problem on 4.2.2 with cover/wifi ...... and FINALLY the auto rotate issue seems to be fixed and much more responsive. No waiting 5 seconds to unlock either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Got my update just now OTA. I don't think it's my imagination-- everything is snappier, from apps opening to their actual performance. We'll see if this lasts ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

royal hussar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I updated yesterday morning and as yet have not noticed any major changes. The only thing is three time now it has shown the download icons at the top for all my music and films. Just as if I have just downloaded them. That's a bit of a pain. Anyone else getting this ?

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
How long does your take to charge? Mine is seems fast compared to my old Archos. I don't know what iPad times are like. Are you using the OEM cable and charger? I know some cables use an older technology that isn't as fast.

Well, when it came delivered, it was dead. It took about 6 hours to charge it fully. That is much much longer than my iPad used to go.

-BA-

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone tried testing whether microphones in Bluetooth headsets work now instead of it using the mic on the N7? Such a silly place to have the microphone when it sits in a case/cradle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/14/7a2y8ydy.jpgSomething weird after update: My notification shade fills with download icons - literally running across the width of the screen - for files that seem to be coming from a Picasa album. I cleared a cache and rebooted to no avail. Clicking one of the "completed" downloads brings up the gallery with no image.

How can I make it stop?

TJH

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Make sure you have upload to Google + unclicked under each Google account. It may be downloading all pictures from account. Just guessing though.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Is does not do a factory reset.
If you let the OTA occur naturally you lost nothing unless your device is rooted you will lose root, in that case if you have RootKeeper installed you can very easily get root back.

If you try to force it by deleting the Framework data you may need to delete and re-enter your Google Play account.

tenstrum

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Is does not do a factory reset.
If you let the OTA occur naturally you lost nothing unless your device is rooted you will lose root, in that case if you have RootKeeper installed you can very easily get root back.

If you try to force it by deleting the Framework data you may need to delete and re-enter your Google Play account.
I did the OTA update and lost root. I have Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, but I have no option to get root access back. Plus with the issues that developed with my USB port several weeks ago, PCs do not recognize my Nexus 7 anymore. And on top, I lost the Teamwin Recovery console. Now when I go to recovery, I get the Android "opened up" with a red exclamation.
It still boots up and runs however so that is good. Any way to get root back without connecting to a PC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87