Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 255
Like Tree40Likes
  1. #201  
    WordPainter's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    I think my Nexus is defective. NO UPDATE. I followed the FS Google Framework and shut down/rebooted. Nothing. For some reason my tablet refuses to update. (I'm not using a custom ROM or even rooted) I'm very unhappy.

    ETA: Right after I posted this, I got a notification that the update was available! LOL
    Chex313 likes this.
  2. #202  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    You may just have to be a bit more patient. I only got mine OTA a few days ago.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  3. #203  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by WordPainter View Post
    I think my Nexus is defective. NO UPDATE. I followed the FS Google Framework and shut down/rebooted. Nothing. For some reason my tablet refuses to update. (I'm not using a custom ROM or even rooted) I'm very unhappy.

    ETA: Right after I posted this, I got a notification that the update was available! LOL
    I'm still waiting for mine to "find" the update. It's a matter of having patience. And you see, you already got it!
    I choose Android...it's only logical.
  4. #204  
    skyrockett's Avatar

    Posts
    351 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Anybody noticed silent mode bug? When you put silent mode on it will mute everything even media volume. With 4.2.1 u could just put in silent mode and forget about notification sounds while watching some movie. And when you try to adjust volume to your movie... It will put notification volume back. I think media volume and notification volume should work separately like they use to work wwith previous jelly bean.

    With 4.2.2 you have to manually mute notification volume so it wouldn't bother you.
  5. #205  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by skyrockett View Post
    Anybody noticed silent mode bug? When you put silent mode on it will mute everything even media volume. With 4.2.1 u could just put in silent mode and forget about notification sounds while watching some movie. And when you try to adjust volume to your movie... It will put notification volume back. I think media volume and notification volume should work separately like they use to work wwith previous jelly bean.

    With 4.2.2 you have to manually mute notification volume so it wouldn't bother you.
    Yes. This is so annoying. How on earth could they screw this up????

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #206  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Am I the only one and last one still waiting for the update.......? It's already 2/18..and I'm still waiting for the 4.2.2 update. I live in Maryland. with stock 16GB wifi nexus 7, didn't root. My friend has a Galaxy Nexus, and he already got the update!!!
  7. #207  
    skyrockett's Avatar

    Posts
    351 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    Yes. This is so annoying. How on earth could they screw this up????

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    God damn it! they fix something and at the same time break something else. I hope they gonna release minor update with no code name.. Otherwise we're screwed until 4.2.3!
  8. #208  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by zxcv106106 View Post
    Am I the only one and last one still waiting for the update.......?
    No.
  9. #209  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I haven't gotten it either in Canada on my Nexus 10.
    If you have not received the OTA update, you can try the methods that are described in the article""
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com
    Thanked by:
  10. #210  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Thanks for the information. I know this method, but prefer not doing it due to some error ppl are getting. Although there is a fixed for the error (re-add google account etc), still I prefer to wait. Just today out of patient suddenly, sorry! :P
  11. #211  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Update currently installing here in Brisbane Australia 10:20 East Australia time

    It will arrive just be patient
  12. #212  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosaura1234 View Post
    If you have not received the OTA update, you can try the methods that are described in the article""
    I must not have posted it here but I got it the other day actually. :P Thanks anyway.
  13. #213  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by zxcv106106 View Post
    Am I the only one and last one still waiting for the update.......? It's already 2/18..and I'm still waiting for the 4.2.2 update. I live in Maryland. with stock 16GB wifi nexus 7, didn't root. My friend has a Galaxy Nexus, and he already got the update!!!
    Nope. No joy in Michigan, either. Nexus 7 wifi 32gig not rooted.

    Regards,

    Jim
  14. #214  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosaura1234 View Post
    If you have not received the OTA update, you can try the methods that are described in the article""
    Thank you for posting this information! The only problem with this method, is you have to unlock your device which erases everything. Google still does not have a good backup and restore process. So starting over is not something I am ready to do.
  15. #215  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Downey View Post
    Thank you for posting this information! The only problem with this method, is you have to unlock your device which erases everything. Google still does not have a good backup and restore process. So starting over is not something I am ready to do.
    There are _3_ methods listed there and you certainly do NOT need to unlock for all of them...
  16. #216  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Fmrvette View Post
    Nope. No joy in Michigan, either. Nexus 7 wifi 32gig not rooted.

    Regards,

    Jim

    Thanks!!!!

    Still waiting in Maryland!
  17. #217  
    redwanhuq's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    982 Global Posts

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Google doesn't but there is an incredibly simple, powerful, flawless full-backup app called Carbon. It does NOT require root.
  18. #218  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Im waiting to get my update galaxy s3 by sprint
  19. #219  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    What the hold up on the 4.2.1 updated if the galaxy nexus already has the updated i have the galaxy s3 from sprint
  20. #220  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by endigo85 View Post
    ...
    there is an incredibly simple, powerful, flawless full-backup app called Carbon.
    ...
    It doesn't do pics/vids so it's not "full" just yet.
    Hopefully that feature gets added soon though, otherwise it's a great App.
    For now I use SOS Online Backup-->
  21. #221  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    This update to 4.2.2 is the longest wait in my lifetime : : (

    Still haven't got update for my nexus 7 :[
  22. #222  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    I am also waiting for my Google store-bought N7 to update to 4.2.2....

    Is there a trick to initiate the OTA update instead of side loading?

    Cheers

    James

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  23. #223  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    This worked for me today. It seemed like I was never going to get the update.

    Settings >> Apps >> All
    and scrolling to find Google Services Framework. Tap the “Clear Data” button and confirm by tapping “OK”. From there, use the back button to get to the main Settings screen. Scroll all the way down and tap About Phone (or About Tablet on the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10), then tap System Updates. You’ll see the “Check Now” button to have the device check for updates, and you should notice that the last time the device will be reporting it checked was back in 1969 (which I like to pretend is an artifact of time travel). Tapping “Check Now” should result in beginning the download of Android 4.2.2 and update process for many. It will ask you to confirm that you want to install the update.
  24. #224  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Worked for me! Thanks!
  25. #225  

    Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

    Got the update today. Atlanta Georgia. No issues so far.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Got 1.6 update on Vodafone UK but not working :(
    By varunbhalla in forum T-Mobile myTouch 3G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 03:24 AM
  2. firmware updation
    By murali.lancer in forum T-Mobile G1
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 05:37 AM
  3. Disabling OS update?
    By ethrbunny in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 08:01 PM
  4. Any way to Update ALL Apps in Android Market?
    By Casey Chan in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

B