Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Factory Reset Tips

Iím going to have a go at a factory reset because since 4.2, my N7 has been a nightmare in terms of lag, freezes, reboots but I wanted to get clarification on a couple of things first:

1) When I factory reset my S2, I lose apps, settings etc but I donít lose photos, videos etc because theyíre all automatically saved on the internal SD Ė am I to assume that because of the one storage space on the N7 that I will lose absolutely everything and should back up accordingly?

2) When Google re-downloads my apps, will it still do what it used to in the past and try to download every app Iíve ever downloaded on my Google account, including stuff Iíve previously uninstalled and stuff Iíve got on my phone?

3) Is there any way to save game progress other than Titanium Backup (I donít want to root)? Iíve got SaveShare which backs selected games to Dropbox but doesnít include a few of my favourites.

Thanks!

Default Re: Factory Reset Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie32 View Post
    Iím going to have a go at a factory reset because since 4.2, my N7 has been a nightmare in terms of lag, freezes, reboots but I wanted to get clarification on a couple of things first:

1) When I factory reset my S2, I lose apps, settings etc but I donít lose photos, videos etc because theyíre all automatically saved on the internal SD Ė am I to assume that because of the one storage space on the N7 that I will lose absolutely everything and should back up accordingly?

2) When Google re-downloads my apps, will it still do what it used to in the past and try to download every app Iíve ever downloaded on my Google account, including stuff Iíve previously uninstalled and stuff Iíve got on my phone?

3) Is there any way to save game progress other than Titanium Backup (I donít want to root)? Iíve got SaveShare which backs selected games to Dropbox but doesnít include a few of my favourites.

Thanks!
    1. Yes, all pics will be deleted. so backup. i auto backup pics, video to google +
    2.Yes, it will download but only the one you installed. any uninstalled apps wont install
    3. use carbon app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup works without root. need to run a pc app to do this
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Factory Reset Tips

That's very helpful, thank you!