1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OT: Bluestacks, anyone..?

Maybe old news (?), but I just learned about Bluestacks (Android apps running on PC/Mac) today, and installed it.

Anybody know a bit about this?
    There seem to be some option to sync with a Android device, from what I am seeing.
    Note that it wasn't able to find its way to network connection on its own. User error? I left it at that

Default Re: OT: Bluestacks, anyone..?

I used it early in it's development some time ago and again for about 5 months in mid 2012. I never tried to sync anything with an android device except that I sometimes tested apps on BlueStacks before installing on the N7. It found the network connection and internet on installation and I never had to mess with it.

Whenever you have a network connectivity issue, the first place to look is in AntiVirus and Firewall software. The only GOOD way to ensure that these are not the problem is to uninstall both, clear out the registry entries (Revo-uninstaller works here), services and start-up entries and reboot a couple of times before you test connectivity again following removal.

Default Re: OT: Bluestacks, anyone..?

Tried Bluestacks yesterday. Played around with it for a few minutes, and I understood the idea behind it, but couldn't figure out what I would use it for. So I uninstalled it after 10 minutes. If you install then uninstall it, be aware that the uninstaller leaves a lot of left over stuff, including register entries and folders and files. Use something like Revo Uninstaller to scour for the leftovers, then later go to the Program Data folder to delete even more files. Yup, definitely still beta!