Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yanks528
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation WiFi Signal Loss-Nexus 7

My Nexus 7 loses WiFi signal more often than none. Granted, I am in my room with the door closed at night and the wireless router is located 3 rooms down the hall from me but, often when there is signal and access given to other devices in my room (such as my Droid Charge, my wifes SGII, and my ITouch), my Nexus 7 shows it as "Authenticating..." and never connects. Sometimes is says "No signal detected," or "Access denied, signal not found." It is frustrating. Even after turning off the WiFi and turning it back on, it still WON'T connect. What gives?! Usually it'll connect after I Power off my Nexus 7 and power it back on. I know there is a way where you can reset the bootloader by depressing the power buttong AND the volume down button at the same time but, I couldn't find that thread or post. Also, I saw somewhere in a post about an App that helps regain your wifi signal?

Any suggestions, advice, help, gripes complains? All comments are appreciated. *OH, yes, I know there is another Post or Thread talking about Nexus 7 wifi issues but for some reason I couldn't find it today after searching for it. Maybe this one in regards to Nexus 7 and its Wifi Signal Loss issues can become a very helpful 'Sticky' in the AC Forums. Thanks folks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: WiFi Signal Loss-Nexus 7

Anyone?! Anyone who owns a Nexus 7 have any WiFi issues as far as not staying connected? By the looks of things I am the only one. It sucks being a loner.

Hey just want to give a heads up. I was having battery and wifi issues as well. I turned off all the back up options. That definitely doubled my battery life. I also disabled the nfc option under more in settings. I also disabled all of the Google apps like currents, books, Picassa, magazines, movies, music, +, sound search, wallet, Pinyin, face unlock. I removed chrome and use dolphin browser. I lose about 10% battery for each hour of screen use. So that's about the 10 hours of battery life they say you can get with 4.2.2. Before all of that I was losing about 20% for each hour of screen use. I am also rooted . I use autorun manager and disabled the update receiver under google services framework. that seemed to be the big culprit with the wifi issues. It was constantly searching for updates and was causing the wifi dropouts. Just fyi, I downloaded flashplayer apk. And use Mx player as default for video and it plays flash videos perfectly. Hope this helps some of you out there. I used wugfresh rootkit to unlock and root.

Just to add. My nexus worked flawlessly on the 4.1.2 version. I started having trouble after the 4. 2. 1 and the 4. 2. 2 updates. So I knew it had to be a software issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by yanks528; 02-19-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Daniel Anthony II likes this.

Here's a WiFi thread
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...rformance.html
    Are the other devices having probs?
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ohmslaw View Post
    Here's a WiFi thread
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...rformance.html
    Are the other devices having probs?
    No... No other devices have issues staying connected to wifi. Thank you very much for the link.

Nexus 7|Android Forums

Disabling things I don't use on 4.2.2 like Google plus etc, seems to have worked. Thank you.

I'm having it too... Upstairs and two rooms wide, .. wifi works for .. say 3 mins... and it says "no internet connection"