1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Download Movies to nexus 7...

is there anyway, to download movies straight to the nexus 7 without having to go through the play store? so i can watch whem without having a wifi connection?
    OR
    is there a actual good converter out there that will actually work in downloading what seems to be the .flv file which is the only one i can seem to get to play...thought i had it figured out last night, but failed!!
    easier the solution the better!!

I have installed a film on my N7 (for when I,m on a flight etc.)..I put a DVD into my laptops DVD drive and copied it onto the HDD. I then connected the laptop to the N7 with a USB cable and copied the film to the N7.

Default Re: Download Movies to nexus 7...

Does that work Ronald with a commercial DVD? I thought the DRM prevented that.

chewbacole, I use DVDFab to rip my DVD's to .mp4 on my PC. They then copy over and play fine in MX Player on my N7.
    Mike

UK

2012 Nexus 7 on 4.4
    2013 Nexus 4 on 4.4
    2013 Chromecast

Freemake makes a video downloader and a video converter. It's easy to download YouTube videos with them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Hello "Mickey1",
    The DVD I was using was one I had recorded a few years ago on my DVD recorder. It had no protection on it. However; to get a conversion to MP4 I had to use a program called "Handbrake". I think you need a more elaborate convertor to deal with DVDs with Copy Protection on them.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

You CAN download movies offline from the play store. click the pushpin like on the magazine and book apps.

Good Evening "Micky1",
    The DVD I copied was one I had recorded from the TV onto a DVD recorder. Thus there was no protection on it. However; I did have to use "Handbrake" to convert to MP4.