Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By still1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default New Tablet?

Hey everyone.

I was curious if anyone thinks we'll see the new 7 inch or maybe an 8 inch tablet coming out soon? I'm finally ready to buy another 7 inch tablet but it seems the Nexus 7 is getting a little long in the tooth and they have to be coming out with something new soon.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: New Tablet?

probably a new nexus 7 on may and maybe go on sale in June
    unopepito06 likes this.

The media rumors have the nexus 7 getting update with a much faster processor and a higher resolution display. There will also be a slew of cheaper tablets in the $100 range for those that aren't in need of high performance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TapATalk

Samsung's next tablets are rumored to be announced this month. The next Nexus tablets are rumored for May at the next Google I/O developers conference.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

I have a galaxy tab 2 and am wanting something new... I love this little guy but would like some more internal memory.... Maybe a N7, never used one so I'll have to play with it a bit before buying.

Sent from September 25 1985

ROM
    Adrynalyne's SC Froyo 2.4

Just saw this article
    They look interesting on the hardware front, but I'm not sure what the software experience will be like (they're already behind the current version of android, who knows what kind of skin they'll apply, etc.) I'd definitely be frequenting XDA if I had one of those

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

If waiting 4 or 5 months for the latest and greatest doesnt work for you, here's a good deal that was posted on a couple of the Android blogs. It's a new 32gb Nexus 7 and includes free shipping, a pair of decent looking earbuds, and, best of all, a $30 Visa gift card. Assuming you don't get charged sales tax, that's an excellent deal. Seller on ebay is buydig, so it's legit.

I've been reading about a lot of new Tablets coming soon in the 7-8 inch form factor. There's the rumored LG Nexus 7.7, an Asus made 7" N7 sequel, the Note 8 by Samsung as well as the Galaxy Tab 3 7".... Something that also was interesting was in late December there were rumors of an HTC windows RT tablet coming out with a 7" display... Then there's the Acers. And of course the nooks and Kindle Fires already out. So lots to choose from but personally I'm sticking with Nexus... Oh yeah and I almost forgot... The iPad mini and rumored mini 2! Only way I see myself upgrading from my N7 though is to a new Nexus and only if it has KLP and bumped up specs like Tegra 4, 1080p screen, no bezel, 2 GB of Ram or all of the above... :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Also the rumored x-phone is supposed to have a tablet cousin also by Motorola...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2