08-30-2016 10:54 PM
40 12
tools
    It seems to be working for me well. I took off the flap and it has not turned off for over an hour. I put it on, fold it, and I get the random power off. Thanks for taking the time to share this
    02-15-2014 10:51 AM
    How do u stop the nexus from randomly switching off. Mine turns of and back on to the lock screen
    02-15-2014 10:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Please give more details. Do you have a case with a smart cover? If you fold the cover behind while holding the tablet, the magnet sometimes causes the tablet to go to sleep.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-15-2014 12:00 PM
    Had the same problem,found out it was the magnetic flap on the case,took it out the case and are now trouble free..
    04-05-2014 06:04 AM
    I am having this problem on our nexus 7 as well. Our case is not magnetic and it happens with or without the case, exactly as described by other people where it makes the turning the screen off sound, and then blacks out. We returned the device through a store protection plan and the new one started doing the same thing as soon as my wife's profile was used and it was updated. Are there any other known causes? She has removed almost all of her apps now and does things in airplane mode and claims it happens less frequently, but I've noticed she uses it much less and that's not exactly getting the most from her device anyway. Any advice would be appreciated. It's an original N7.
    07-30-2014 09:24 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Could she possibly have some kind of magnetized metal that is frequently on her wrist or hand, like a favorite piece of jewelry?
    07-30-2014 09:45 PM
    Nothing magnetized, the only thing she wears that I can think of that would have any interaction is her fitbit wristband, is that possible? It was designed to transmit data manually but I don't think that ever worked. In any event she has that synched to her computer now and not her tablet. Thoughts?
    07-30-2014 11:49 PM
    I doubt the Fitbit itself is magnetic, but it's easy enough to do a quick experiment--see if the screen shutdowns continue after removing the Fitbit and keeping it far away. Or take the Fitbit and pass it several times over the left bezel of the tablet (when in portrait mode), which I believe is where the smartcover sensor is.

Some Fitbit-like devices do have magnets that allow you to clip them onto any part of your clothing (with another magnet placed on the inside of the clothing). Does her Fitbit have a feature like that?
    07-31-2014 12:28 AM
    No it doesn't and she further told me that the problem started a couple of weeks before her birthday when she got the fitbit from me, so there doesn't seem to be a physical source. Can you think of anything to try in terms of software changes or app changes?
    07-31-2014 06:47 PM
    Well, it's always worth trying a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe
    07-31-2014 07:29 PM
    Hi all,

Had the same problem but I think I've found out why. I believe its something to do with your book style case. Many tablets auto-shut down when the case is closed, I took my tablet out of the case for no particular reason and it works fine now. Its possible that our tablets were shutting down as we covered some senor at the bottom of the tablet when held in portrait mode. Hope this fixes your problems.
    10-05-2014 03:52 AM
    I just got a Hisense sero 8 pro tablet.
    I had the same issue screen going off with the magnet on the case.
    The case was the original hisense that came with the tablet too.

This only happens when folding the case back, now it doesn't happen when i leave the case flap on the side.

Thanks.
    03-16-2015 05:17 PM
    I have a Google nexus 7 (now on 4.2.2) that randomly turns off the screen. Not in a specific app, have done factory reset and still having this issue? is anyone else?

Sorry if this is a duplicate post. I searched and didn't see anyone else with this listed.
    11-30-2015 09:33 PM
    Just got my nexus 7 and the power off button keeps appearing out of the blue. The screen off is set for 10 minutes. Rediculous it won't stop.
    11-30-2015 09:39 PM
    I just replaced my old case, never had that problem before using the same case but I'll try that fix next time it happens. The case is the Poetic case that folds for a desktop display.
    08-30-2016 10:54 PM
40 12