Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By bc2k
  • 1 Post By serpico
  • 7 Post By nrm5110
  • 3 Post By ultravisitor
  • 1 Post By talonsmith
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default every App purchase on Google Play gives the developer your name and email address

Default Re: every App purchase on Google Play gives the developer your name and email address

Pretty much every time I buy something on the internets, the seller gets my name and email, and if it involves material items they get my address. Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, Amazon market etc. Other than MAYBE not telling me it was happening, I just don't see anything here to get worked up about.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: every App purchase on Google Play gives the developer your name and email address

Excecpt that the developer now has a juicy list of emails that are probably not just a "throw away" address. You should be able to buy an app anonymously.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I'm sure that it's helpful for support issues. A quick way to tell if you really bought the app or not. Just like everything else in this world, there's always a negative alternative.
    anthonycr likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Unless you keep the purchase confirmation number for every app they need that info to confirm a purchase especially for support and refunds. You guys freak out over the smallest junk I buy plenty of apps and have never had issues. So please take off your tinfoil hat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Hasn't this been going on for a while? Anytime I get a refund for an app, I usually get a email asking why I choose to refund it from the developer

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Unless you keep the purchase confirmation number for every app they need that info to confirm a purchase especially for support and refunds. You guys freak out over the smallest junk I buy plenty of apps and have never had issues. So please take off your tinfoil hat.
    Don't you see? The government rays have gotten to you and you don't even know it.
    Thanked by:
    bc2k 

And guess what? Every time I pay for something with a credit card, the seller gets my name, address, and often the credit card number!

And every time I pay for something with a check, the seller gets my name, address, and bank account information!

OMG IS THE WORLD ENDING OR WHAT?
    Thanked by:
    idaute 
    serpico, bc2k and MJKearney like this.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No big deal for me either. I actually already assumed they WERE getting that info and not some anonymous Nexus user #12340848489xw23
    idaute likes this.