nexus 7 4.2.2 updated...STILL NO BLUETOOTH FIX

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth works great, for the first time since I bought the N7 right after launch. Before the update music via BT was TERRIBLE. tons of drop outs. The worst was when I'd do anything with the tablet as music was playing from Pandora, but it also had dropouts with my own music. Since the update, I can go HOURS without a single missed note. Hooray!

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth doesn't even turn on
So, do you mean that when you go to Settings and tap the switch to turn on Bluetooth, the switch goes to the on position for a split second, then springs back to the off position? If so, I've had this happen, too.

I think, but can't verify, that it had something to do with a 3rd party widget (Power Toggles), that lets you place assorted controls like Bluetooth and WiFi on your home screen and notification bar. When I tapped the widget to turn off Bluetooth, then attempted to turn it on again using the normal Nexus 7 settings method, the switch wouldn't stay in the on position. I tried using the widget, and still no luck. I finally rebooted my N7 and everything was back to normal.

Again, I can't verify that it had to do with the widget, and I don't feel like trying to recreate the problem! But I can verify that I've been in a situation where the Bluetooth switch wouldn't stay in the on position.

gen2010

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
i cannot turn on bt either unless I go to settings, apps, all, go to blue tooth share and clear the data. Then I can turn on the blue tooth without the on off switch going back to the off position. I still have to re pair my keyboard each time which I didn't use to have to do. So every time I want to use my keyboard I have to go through this process.

FiZ1point5

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue: turning the bluetooth on reverts back to "Off" immediately. I've never tried clearing the data, but so far, resetting the Nexus 7 brings Bluetooth back for a little while. However, as soon as I turn it off again, and leave the tablet alone for a few hours, the problem comes back. I'm not even using any power management apps on my Nexus 7 either. I use Juice Defender on my Galaxy Nexus, and it never has this problem.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
4.2.2 on the nexus 7 doesnt impress at all. Very laggy and horrid gpu rendering for me. Cant comment on bluetooth as i dont use it.

Escapist From LA

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: nexus 7 4.2.2 updated... NO BLUETOOTH FIX (now with v.4.3.0)

I've been reading this topic and keeping an eye out for others experiences for a couple months now.

This past week I received the v.4.3.0 update across both of my tablets.

I have a Blue Ant Z9i bluetooth headset that apparently cannot be paired with either the tablets with the previous v.4.2.2 version or the recent v.4.3.0.

I set the headset to be discovered in pairing mode, tell the tablet to search for devices, but neither tablet will discover the headset. Headset works fine with my Galaxy 4S phone and my wife's iPhone, so I seriously doubt it's the headset.

Ronald Gordon

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Zagg customer service because my Zagg Flex Bluetooth keyboard no longer works with my 2012 Nexus 7 tablet after the OS update. The Zagg keyboard works with my older Android OS phone, so it is not the keyboard. Zagg says failure to recognize is a known problem with the latest Android OS.

Oddly, my first-generation Macintosh aluminum Bluetooth keyboard (the model that uses three AA batteries; the new model only uses two AA batteries and I have not used that version) pairs and is recognized by the updated 2012 Nexus 7.

Anyway, it's not your peripherals. It's the tablet's operating system in need of a patch.

Peter Greene

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have 4.2.2 on N7 2013. I had no problems using A2DP Bluetooth headphones until the 4.2.2 update. After the update, the bluetooth will stream music to my headphones for anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes then the BT shuts down on the tablet and will not turn back on. I have rebooted and each time it hooks back up immediately only to shut down a while later. It is a very frustrating thing to happen while commuting on public transportation.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463