Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 7 is slower!

    It's my first android & I rooted it.. But it's slower now.. Apps crash, gets held up.. N worst thing is it takes forever to change the display orientation while rotating your tablet. Is this a normal price to pay for rooting or it's just how device and software is?
  2. #2  
    talonsmith's Avatar

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 7 is slower!

    Sounds like you did something wrong.Maybe you should get support in the ROM support area.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 is slower!

    I would suggest you keep at least 3GB of free space in your internal storage.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Nexus 7 is slower!

    Umm.. Don't think I did anything wrong coz otherwise it works fine.
    I have so much more than 3GB of free space
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 is slower!

    Quote Originally Posted by applover007 View Post
    It's my first android & I rooted it.. But it's slower now.. Apps crash, gets held up.. N worst thing is it takes forever to change the display orientation while rotating your tablet. Is this a normal price to pay for rooting or it's just how device and software is?
    Did you flash a new ROM, or just root it?

    // Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 is slower!

    Quote Originally Posted by applover007 View Post
    Umm.. Don't think I did anything wrong coz otherwise it works fine.
    I have so much more than 3GB of free space
    I have newer 32gb Nexus 7 which slowed to a crawl with the 4.2 update. I had at least 10gb of free space, so that was not the issue. I tried clearing the caches, the lagfix app, system restore, and more, but nothing seemed to help. Performance was terrible.

    I finally got sick of it and restored my Nexus to 4.1.2 Now it is running fast like it should. Some of the new features in 4.2 were neat and I miss them, but it made my Nexus unusable.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Nexus 7 is slower!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Did you flash a new ROM, or just root it?

    // Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    I just root it using the nexus root toolkit v1.6.2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Nexus 7 is slower!

    Quote Originally Posted by emul8ter25 View Post
    I have newer 32gb Nexus 7 which slowed to a crawl with the 4.2 update. I had at least 10gb of free space, so that was not the issue. I tried clearing the caches, the lagfix app, system restore, and more, but nothing seemed to help. Performance was terrible.
    Can I update to 4.2.2 while being rooted or I would have to un-root,install the update and root it again?
    I finally got sick of it and restored my Nexus to 4.1.2 Now it is running fast like it should. Some of the new features in 4.2 were neat and I miss them, but it made my Nexus unusable.

Similar Threads

  1. The Galaxy Nexus is Racist
    By TerryMasters in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 11:08 PM
  2. Galaxy Nexus is official for Verizon
    By soccerfon711 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 10:52 AM
  3. OMFG!!! Next nexus is 4G LTE.
    By the one and only M in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 11:01 AM
  4. next nexus is a htc?
    By spectre1006 in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 09:42 AM
  5. 4g is slower than 3g!
    By TheCrazy88 in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 11:58 AM

Posting Permissions