Nexus 7 is slower!

applover007

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
It's my first android & I rooted it.. But it's slower now.. Apps crash, gets held up.. N worst thing is it takes forever to change the display orientation while rotating your tablet. Is this a normal price to pay for rooting or it's just how device and software is?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It's my first android & I rooted it.. But it's slower now.. Apps crash, gets held up.. N worst thing is it takes forever to change the display orientation while rotating your tablet. Is this a normal price to pay for rooting or it's just how device and software is?

Did you flash a new ROM, or just root it?

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

emul8ter25

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Umm.. Don't think I did anything wrong coz otherwise it works fine.
I have so much more than 3GB of free space :p

I have newer 32gb Nexus 7 which slowed to a crawl with the 4.2 update. I had at least 10gb of free space, so that was not the issue. I tried clearing the caches, the lagfix app, system restore, and more, but nothing seemed to help. Performance was terrible.

I finally got sick of it and restored my Nexus to 4.1.2 Now it is running fast like it should. Some of the new features in 4.2 were neat and I miss them, but it made my Nexus unusable.

applover007

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have newer 32gb Nexus 7 which slowed to a crawl with the 4.2 update. I had at least 10gb of free space, so that was not the issue. I tried clearing the caches, the lagfix app, system restore, and more, but nothing seemed to help. Performance was terrible.
Can I update to 4.2.2 while being rooted or I would have to un-root,install the update and root it again?
I finally got sick of it and restored my Nexus to 4.1.2 Now it is running fast like it should. Some of the new features in 4.2 were neat and I miss them, but it made my Nexus unusable.