1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charge Nexus 7 with different cable.

I want to charge nexus 7 using a different longer cable (usb to micro) because it is very short but i will still use the charging adaptor. Is that okay?
    And is it okay for overnight charging and playing games while charging?

Default Re: Charge Nexus 7 with different cable.

It charged for me but the 'foreign' connector came loose easily. I compared the connectors and found the supplied connector was a bit longer, the metal part that is. I think that is because of the sloping nature of the Nexus7 case.

Quote Originally Posted by dency45 View Post
    I want to charge nexus 7 using a different longer cable (usb to micro) because it is very short but i will still use the charging adaptor. Is that okay?
    And is it okay for overnight charging and playing games while charging?
    It's fine and I do that exact thing for my N7 setup with a 6 foot cable ($1.65) I got from an amazon vendor Anamax in Texas. Buy a couple in case one gets eaten by the dog/cat/roaches ! hehe
    I use the original cable for data transfer PC to N7.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: USB to Micro-USB Cable - 6 Ft.

Yes you can use a different cable
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

bump for my other question.

I tried using a different charger with the original cable and did not work. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Blackberry Storm 1> Blackberry Storm 2> Samsung Mesmerize>Motorola Electrify>AT&T SG3>AT&T SG4> AT&T Optimus G Pro>AT&T LG G2

I've used a few different cables and chargers. So far the best one is my Palm Touchpad one.

why would you not get a Nexus device?
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16)

I use my Samsung cable and charger a lot and it works just fine. I also use the Samsung cable in the car.
    NookColor running CM10.1
    Galaxy Note running RootBox
    Nexus 7 Running JellyBam v7

yes, you can charge while using the N7 like gaming or watching a movie - no problem altho it won't necessarily charge as quickly or increase the charge at all if you are using USB level vs wall current electricity

yes you can charge overnight but I rarely do since complete charging takes only 2 and a half hours normally. Why trust the circuitry even tho it is suppose to shut off if you don't have to ? It's probably fine but I prefer to micro-manage. Li-ION battery record is not exactly stellar is it ?