- 8 Posts
Can't update to 4.2.2
Originally my Nexus 7 was rooted, and when it tried to update OTA it failed. After that it was still on 4.2.1 but would no longer find the OTA update. I factory reset the device, and it found the OTA update and failed again. I wasn't able to flash it with TWRP either. I finally unrooted it and flash stock recovery, relocked. It found the OTA, tried to install, and gave me an ERROR and little droid image with the warning symbol. What do I do now? Is there a way to totally reset it more? I'm thinking about selling it off and getting a fresh device.
- 02-15-2013, 11:25 AM #2
Re: Can't update to 4.2.2
Use the wugs nexus took kit to flash a 4.2.1 factory image which will make your Nexus 7 just like new and then do the OTA update to 4.2.2.
It really makes it simple.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central ForumsNexus 6 (64GB),
Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB), Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
- By larrytxeast in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 6Last Post: 12-23-2011, 03:08 AM
- By rydehard86 in forum Samsung TransformReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2011, 05:32 PM
- By bequadro in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 3Last Post: 01-30-2011, 09:40 AM
- By sammy123 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 18Last Post: 08-17-2010, 05:45 PM
- By ebj in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 08-15-2010, 11:24 PM