Battery Percentage indicator on 4.2.2

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking by now on android 4.2.2 Google would have included a battery percentage indicator. I realize that I can download one in the play store but sometimes its the little things such as battery percentage indicator that I wish came included. Anyone else agree?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery indicator on 4.2.2

If you mean a battery indicator with a percentage remaining, just pull down the quick settings menu (swipe down from the upper right), and there it is.

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery indicator on 4.2.2

I'm sorry, I meant a percentage indicator next to the battery icon.
Um, there is a battery indicator.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I know, but I just wish it had an option to put it next to the battery icon :)
If you mean a battery indicator with a percentage remaining, just pull down the quick settings menu (swipe down from the upper right), and there it is.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I look at it as more of a blessing. Imagine if Google or Asus had decided to add a battery percent indicator that was too big, too small, or just plain ugly, and you had no way to modify it or uninstall it. You'd be annoyed that they were wasting your space on an app you don't like or need. The way it is now, you have many options on the Play Store to install an app that can do this exactly how you want it to look.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I look at it as more of a blessing. Imagine if Google or Asus had decided to add a battery percent indicator that was too big, too small, or just plain ugly, and you had no way to modify it or uninstall it. You'd be annoyed that they were wasting your space on an app you don't like or need. The way it is now, you have many options on the Play Store to install an app that can do this exactly how you want it to look.
This is true, and perhaps it's also to avoid infringing on developer's efforts. However, in iOS (forgive me for mentioning this name), the percentage indicator is optional, and turned off by default. If Google were to implement this feature, that would be the way to do it, at least until Cupertino sued Mountain View.

lbros360

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
This is true, and perhaps it's also to avoid infringing on developer's efforts. However, in iOS (forgive me for mentioning this name), the percentage indicator is optional, and turned off by default. If Google were to implement this feature, that would be the way to do it, at least until Cupertino sued Mountain View.

I was thinking the same thing. I just wanted an option that allows you to turn it on or off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
+10000 couldn't have explained it better

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to do this on stock, unrooted Android, but there are some great apps that do this and more. My personal favorite is Battery Widget? Reborn!, which not only includes a battery indicator notification and cool-looking/functional widget, but it also provides things like usage statistics, time remaining estimations, wifi/mobile data/bluetooth/other toggles, and even a 'night mode' which turns off many processes to save battery! And, yes, I know this sounds like an ad, but I don't care.

Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hubalek.android.reborn.beta

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't sound ad-like at all. The posts that are clearly ads are typically very poorly written with lousy grammar, or overly florid, as if you're reading the transcript of an infomercial!

I do the same kind of evangelizing for apps that I particularly like, such as Power Toggles.

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
They really need to implement this in a similar fashion as AOKP and CM roms do where the user can fully customize it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary