1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question when do you think that google will release a cheaper and better version?

next quarter? i read it from cnet.

Default Re: when do you think that google will release a cheaper and better version?

July 13, 2012
    42... need I say more...

Default Re: when do you think that google will release a cheaper and better version?

I thought the model was better device / same price. I have no problems with what I paid for my N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    next quarter? i read it from cnet.
    And you believe it? Pretty much a good example of why you should not read anything from cnet anymore.

I kinda like Amazon's formula. New product at same price but update the old product a little bit and drop the price of that. It does fragment the kindle fire world a bit but a $130 refreshed kindle fire (on cyber Monday) that is better than my fathers original $200 fire was hard to resist for my son.

A brand new, completely updated N7 for $200 and a slightly refreshed original N7 for $130-$160 would be awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Why would they make a cheaper version? Maybe for new markets in 3rd world countries not the USA. I can see them making a better version for the us but not a cheaper version its already at a low price point.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    I kinda like Amazon's formula. New product at same price but update the old product a little bit and drop the price of that. It does fragment the kindle fire world a bit but a $130 refreshed kindle fire (on cyber Monday) that is better than my fathers original $200 fire was hard to resist for my son.

A brand new, completely updated N7 for $200 and a slightly refreshed original N7 for $130-$160 would be awesome.

Amazon is just doing what Apple does come with a new model and drop price of old model.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by mathelm View Post
    July 13, 2012
    do you know for sure?

ROM
    CM7(Nook)

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    do you know for sure?
    Seriously dude? You do know it's 2013 now, right?

I'm happy with my Nexus 7 and honestly don't think it could get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarunner View Post
    Amazon is just doing what Apple does come with a new model and drop price of old model.

Yes, but they also refreshed the old model. Not only did they drop the price but they updated the CPU and doubled the ram. Apple doesn't do that.