Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gtt1
  • 1 Post By MJKearney
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default English man back!

At last my Google Now beloved English-accented man is back. If he told me I was due for a major meteor strike tomorrow, it would still sound wonderful!

Please excuse me while he and I spend some quality time together...
    Loving owner of a Nexus 7, Samsung Note 10.1, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 & Samsung Note Pro 12.2

Default Re: English man back!

Yes I am really pleased about that too!

Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

Of course, you are referring to your original post here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2433233. Well, I'm very happy for you! This no doubt was a depressing and less sophisticated-sounding couple months in your life while English man was on holiday.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I wouldn't be so rude as to suggest that the American woman sounded less sophisticated Just less familiar, and much less... well .... manly than the British smoothie
    Loving owner of a Nexus 7, Samsung Note 10.1, Samsung Note 10.1 2014 & Samsung Note Pro 12.2

I would love to replace my drab American woman's voice with say Keira Knightley or Nigella Lawson but not a man's voice.
    Sonic Alpha likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dashdashdot View Post
    I wouldn't be so rude as to suggest that the American woman sounded less sophisticated Just less familiar, and much less... well .... manly than the British smoothie
    Yes, us Americans are very proud of the fact that our women don't sound manly. However, it is not rude to suggest that they sound less sophisticated, because this is indeed true. The American accent is about as unsophisticated and unsmoothie as they come! And we're damn proud of that, too!
    Tervz likes this.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

I just spoke to my N4 and a very helpful American lady answered. Being British myself, it would be nice to speak to a Brit.