Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Should I get a Nexus 7?

Quote Originally Posted by npark2012 View Post
    I've done some research and the only good one (at least for me) was this one: So when I get a Nexus 7 this will be the case I will get. Just throwing it out there in case others are looking for a case.
    You should get the Slimline by Poetic instead. Its a great case and I've been using it since I bought my N7. Plus, Poetic's customer service is great.
    As for the Nexus 7, it will fulfill all your needs you mentioned. It all depends if you prefer a larger screen or not. I have to admit, when I watch movies while laying down, my arms do get tired holding the N7 up.
    There is not one thing I haven't done on my N7. I've gamed, YouTube, Facebook, browse web, type papers, read news, dropped it, Netflix, movies, music, take pics, record videos, etc. Its great.
    Accessories wise, what do you plan to do?
    Basic things would be a case and a dock.
    If you plan on traveling, get another case with more protection, get a OTG cable, external hard drive for movies and such.
    That's all you pretty much need.
    Good luck and enjoy!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by iHelpYouShy View Post
    You should get the Slimline by Poetic instead. Its a great case and I've been using it since I bought my N7. Plus, Poetic's customer service is great.
    As for the Nexus 7, it will fulfill all your needs you mentioned. It all depends if you prefer a larger screen or not. I have to admit, when I watch movies while laying down, my arms do get tired holding the N7 up.
    There is not one thing I haven't done on my N7. I've gamed, YouTube, Facebook, browse web, type papers, read news, dropped it, Netflix, movies, music, take pics, record videos, etc. Its great.
    Accessories wise, what do you plan to do?
    Basic things would be a case and a dock.
    If you plan on traveling, get another case with more protection, get a OTG cable, external hard drive for movies and such.
    That's all you pretty much need.
    Good luck and enjoy!
    Thanks! I've decided not to get the Slimline because I have read in a lot of review how it falls apart in a short period of time. And plus the one I mentioned has a little more functionality than the slimline. The only accessories I would need is a case and a screen protector. I don't really find a need for a dock or anything like that. And I do not travel a lot, and when I do it's mostly for a few hours just commuting around the city etc.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    STOCK

Why would I need this?

I got this case, it is a Roo case.
    Amazon.com: rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Vegan Leather Folio Case Cover for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep) - Newest Version with Revised Speaker Ports and Notification Bar: Computers & Accessories
    I really like this. But I don't like how it makes it twice as big, not a big deal but still lol. And does it have sleep/wake features?

An OTG cable is necessary if you want to use a keyboard, mouse, or a USB jump drive. Most people would use it for the USB drive, but it can have multiple uses.

ROM
    MIUI, CM9, Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by npark2012 View Post
    I've done some research and the only good one (at least for me) was this one: So when I get a Nexus 7 this will be the case I will get. Just throwing it out there in case others are looking for a case.
    I bought this SupCase from Amazon. It looks almost identical, has the smart-cover feature, saves you 10 bucks and also has free 2 day shipping if you are a Prime member.

Amazon.com: Google Nexus 7 Tablet Slim Fit Leather Case (Black) with Stand by Supcase -Black, Sapphire Blue, Green, Purple, Light Blue, Deep Pink, Deep Blue, Red, Pink, Yellow, White: Computers & Accessories

I picked up a 32GB N7 a few days ago and haven't regretted it since. I got mine with data capabilities and have a AT&T service. I like being able to take it out with me and not have to worry about finding an open WiFi. This morning, my DSL went out for an hour and I still was able to get on the net with my N7.

I have a Poetic case on it, not sure of it's the one people mentioned that falls apart but I got it for free so I really don't care. If it falls apart, I'll get a new one.

Also, when you get yours, either disable the Currents app or go into it's settings and disable auto sync. That is a battery killer. With it off, I'm going on 4hrs display time and still have 53% battery.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12