Should I get a Nexus 7?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I am starting to save money ($60 so far :p ) for a Nexus 7. What I am wondering is that if a Nexus 7 would be good for web browsing, Facebook, Flipboard, watching movies (Youtube, Netflix, etc.), occasional gaming (if it's used for gaming will the Nexus 7 get really warm?). I absolutely would prefer at least a 8> inch screen but the fact of the matter is that I don't have much cash to begin saving so a Nexus 7 and its $199.99 price tag is very appealing to me. And by all honesty I doubt a 7 inch screen would completely deter me from enjoying it! So please feel free to nudge me away or towards purchasing a Nexus 7 for my needs listed above.

And if you own a Nexus 7, would you kindly suggest some accessories to go with the Nexus 7? That is if I do in fact decide to get a Nexus 7, I have a list ready for it. My main accessories would be a case that is both light and medium+ protection with (or without, but preferably with, a screen wake cover) and a good (cheap to moderate ($1-$17) that is NOT a wet application) screen protector.

Thank you in advance! I appreciate your time with posting your posts.

P.S.
If anyone is selling their Nexus 7 device in CHICAGO, IL please let me know... lol.

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's great tablet. You'd like it. I can tell you the battery is nowhere near that of an iPad, but the Nexus 7 is much cheaper. I want an iPad Mini when the new display comes out, but for now the Nexus 7 is great device.

I have no accessories for it yet, so I'm not much help there.

dave1nyc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Have you test-driven a 7" tablet? I really like mine, but while it's infinitely easier to do web browsing than on a phone, it's a far cry from a 10" tablet.

Before buying something you can't return (and buying used is almost certainly going to be that), make sure you can live with the 7" form factor. I much prefer my 7 (and Android) to the iPad Mini, but I have to admit that that extra inch makes a nice difference. I'm not suggesting the iPad (esp given pricing), I'm just saying that the difference may be more than you imagine.

kamikaze247

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
It is 50-50
Some Nexus may have error at the moment, I do not know what will in next some months. Android free app are very boring vs apple. I used both Ipad 2 and Nexus 7.
You should buy a silicon case + screen protector as soon as possible. It is not easy to be broken but some keys in the same pocket can damage.

It is very good for social app and google services, not so much in gaming.

jrh1194

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 7 is the right choice for you. I use mine all of the time. It has done everything that I have needed it to do. I don't think you can find a better tablet for the price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 is the best for your need here

Personally for stuff like that I'd say the Nexus 10 would be better. Much better screen for browsing and especially for watching movies. And the stronger processor for gaming but honestly the Nexus 7 should be able to handle any game no problem as well.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I also suggest the Nexus 7. My uses are about the same as yours, Just remove flipboard and add ebook. The nice thing in my opinion is that in my case (poetic) the Nexus will fit in 90% of my back pocket in my jeans (i do not wear them around my ankles) and 75 % in my dress pants. This of allows me to have my hands free when I need them.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Personally for stuff like that I'd say the Nexus 10 would be better. Much better screen for browsing and especially for watching movies. And the stronger processor for gaming but honestly the Nexus 7 should be able to handle any game no problem as well.

Yes I would much prefer a 10 inch tablet like the nexus 10 but again, with the pricing, it would take me about 6 months to save up for a nexus 10... I can not wait that long.. lol.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes I would much prefer a 10 inch tablet like the nexus 10 but again, with the pricing, it would take me about 6 months to save up for a nexus 10... I can not wait that long.. lol.
lol Well if pricing is a bigger factor than a bigger, much better screen then the Nexus 7 is definitely the better choice. :p

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nexus 7 I use it everyday. Love watching movies and TV on it and playing games.

This is the case I ordered it's great nice and slim and is great for watching movies and stuff because of the stand.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008D...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2594632

But it was a great purchase Internet browsing isn't the fastest but it isn't slow by any needs. But I would say go for it you won't regret it!

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I am seriously considering getting one, played with one today at Staples. Love it but I am always reading about screen lift and other sorts of errors. I know duds come out of every company but is this regular with the 7?

Sent from the Off World Colonies using my HTC Rezound

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
lol Well if pricing is a bigger factor than a bigger, much better screen then the Nexus 7 is definitely the better choice. :p

I'm also considering getting the Archos 97 Titanium HD or the Archos 101 titanium ($199, 10.1 inch screen) These tablet are awesome on paper, but I will have to wait in March for it to come out and see everyone's review of it.

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend a microUSB to USB adapter. It's nice to be able to plug in accessories such as keyboards, flash drives, usb game controllers etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I had an Acer 10 inch and hated it. The tablet worked fine it just wasn't great to read or play games. Really heavy. I tried the cheap android tablet route and just save your money with that route. Got the nexus 7 32gb and love it. Use it for gaming,reading, and even grad school work. I just wish I could get front row sports to work on it

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend a microUSB to USB adapter. It's nice to be able to plug in accessories such as keyboards, flash drives, usb game controllers etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Do the cheap one I see on Amazon work alright and how does that work with games such as fp shooters?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae