1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Recently purchased a new nexus 7 and encounterd a defect?

So I purchased a nexus 7 32gb over the weekend. My second android device since the Motorola droid from way back. Much impressed on the improvements to the OS but I found an issue. I haven't dropped the device even slightly. When I shake the device back in forth i hear a "clunk" not a rattle, a clunk. Almost like something heavy like a battery is loose. I made my purchase at office max. Is this is a known defect? Is it something i should worry about and do you think office max would make an exchange, or would I have to send it to Google/Asus or whatever and wait....god knows how long for manufactures to send a replacement or fix...

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Recently purchased a new nexus 7 and encounterd a defect?

Battery is loose, it is a common issue. I would bring it back and exchange it. Don't wait because the more you customize your nexus the more you will have to restore.

Quote Originally Posted by BugJuice27 View Post
    So I purchased a nexus 7 32gb over the weekend. My second android device since the Motorola droid from way back. Much impressed on the improvements to the OS but I found an issue. I haven't dropped the device even slightly. When I shake the device back in forth i hear a "clunk" not a rattle, a clunk. Almost like something heavy like a battery is loose. I made my purchase at office max. Is this is a known defect? Is it something i should worry about and do you think office max would make an exchange, or would I have to send it to Google/Asus or whatever and wait....god knows how long for manufactures to send a replacement or fix...

I bought one for my wife and haven't had any defects or noises like that. Her's works flawlessly. I would definitely take it back if you just bought it. Shouldn't be any clunk sounds when you shake it. The back cover does come off so you can check it. But if youdo that, and then try to return it, they might not take it back. Just return it and say it's not working properly.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Yeah, i called the store. They said i could exchange it since its within 14 days or so and if its determined to be a defect. kinda makes me worry some about these tablets. I'm hearing stories of screen lifting as well. Sounds like there is a bunch of known defects....not good.