Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IAmSixNine
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question battery app

Is there an app out there that would make my nexus 7 notify me when its fully charged?
    Or is there an option in the settings for that?

Default Re: battery app

I have used Battery monitor widget on all my devices for years. it has an option to alert when the battery is full.

Wish there was an app that notified me at 97 so my battery wouldn't get stuck at 100 for 10 minutes before finally discharging, lol

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.2.2, because cyanogen mod is for Android noobs
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Wish there was an app that notified me at 97 so my battery wouldn't get stuck at 100 for 10 minutes before finally discharging, lol
    That literally doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    That literally doesn't make sense.
    My Nexus, when fully charged takes a while to get from 100 back down to 99 or so

A lot of others have had this issue as well, and as to prevent the this issue, I charge until 97 or so, then remove the plug

Sometimes I forget and then have to turn my tablet off for a few mins so it will finally drop

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.2.2, because cyanogen mod is for Android noobs
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

What is wrong with 100%? The N7 has circuitry that is supposed to prevent overcharging beyond 4.2 volts and so far haven't seen any reports of problems there. Gauge Battery is a free app which you might try which also gives voltage. As soon as you unplug the charger the voltage starts dropping but it takes a little time for the N7 to report <100%.

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by jpash549 View Post
    What is wrong with 100%? The N7 has circuitry that is supposed to prevent overcharging beyond 4.2 volts and so far haven't seen any reports of problems there. Gauge Battery is a free app which you might try which also gives voltage. As soon as you unplug the charger the voltage starts dropping but it takes a little time for the N7 to report <100%.

In the past I've had it stuck there through an entire 40 minute episode of a show on Netflix

Everyone's device is different

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because cyanogen mod is for Android noobs

Interesting. Most people would be happy with such a long lasting battery. My point was that it was the battery voltage that was important. If you think your N7 is overcharging get an app which shows voltage. And of course there is performance variability between N7 gadgets and the ways in which they are being used. Would you be happy if the reported battery percentage dropped to 99.9% in the first minute of use. Since your signature indicates that you have a rooted N7 you would seem to be an advanced user.

Quote Originally Posted by jpash549 View Post
    Interesting. Most people would be happy with such a long lasting battery. My point was that it was the battery voltage that was important. If you think your N7 is overcharging get an app which shows voltage. And of course there is performance variability between N7 gadgets and the ways in which they are being used. Would you be happy if the reported battery percentage dropped to 99.9% in the first minute of use. Since your signature indicates that you have a rooted N7 you would seem to be an advanced user.

It's a problem with the indicator getting stuck

Also had an issue previously in which it would shut down at 48% due to 'low battery'

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s3 running AOKP 4.2.2

No,you did not misread that