Build quality of N7?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So i've read a bunch of places all the flaws of the n7. Yet i decided to get one(being delivered by Amazon, 32Gb)lol. Anyways, i wanted to hear from you nexus 7 owners and see how your n7 is fairing up. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks. :D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Had mine since November. None of the problems I've seen others complain about with mine. All in all I'm totally satisfied with my purchase.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nexus 7

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a 32gb model that I got in December and I don't have any problems with it. If I look really carefully, I can see a slight screen lift on the left side but I wouldn't have even noticed if I wasn't looking for it. There are some people that have it to the point that it actually causes a noise when pressing down on it, but that isn't my case at all.

It feels really solid when holding it and the textured backing really adds to the build quality imo.

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Got mine back in July, its still working great and I've never had any problems with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Cool, so it seems some but not all n7's are affected by a manufacturing error. Hope mine will be ok.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea, when you make millions of anything on an assembly line there will always be some that come off the line badly. There is a multi-billion dollar business trying to keep that percentage as low as possible, but even 3% of 10 million devices is 300,000 defective devices.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea, when you make millions of anything on an assembly line there will always be some that come off the line badly. There is a multi-billion dollar business trying to keep that percentage as low as possible, but even 3% of 10 million devices is 300,000 defective devices.

That's why I've had no problems with my Nexus 10 when so many others have. It happens.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
32GB model my wife got me for Christmas from Staples. No build quality issues.

BugJuice27

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having mine exchanged, hopefully by tomorrow that I baught over the weekend because of a "clunking" sound i hear when i shake it. People on this forum told me its a loose battery and a common issue...

Camaihofer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Have a 32gb wifi only, had it about 2 months. I use it about 3 hours every day. I left my 4 and 6 year old play games on it. Ive rooted and installed ROMS/Kernels. I dont use any covers/screen protectors etc.

It looks new. I couldnt be happier. No scratches, no loose plastics, screen is perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non