- 5 Posts
Cracked screen, broken digitizer, cannot unlock to get files off
Hey folks -
I have a pretty vexing problem. I dropped my N7, the bottom right of the device caved in, shattered the screen in the lower right, cracked the rest, and worst of all, the digitizer is totally unresponsive. I can't swipe to unlock it, which means I can't see it as a storage device on Windows. I also can't use the Root Toolkit to reboot it and create a backup.
I'm in the process of getting a new N7, which sucks, but the bigger deal is the loss of a few files I have saved locally on the device.
Is there any way to access the filesystem without this thing being rooted? Force it into recovery mode or something?
- 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM #2
- 4 Posts
Re: Cracked screen, broken digitizer, cannot unlock to get files off
I had same problem and a thread about it. Search for my thread, someone had a post about getting past my password but I could not understand it and I don't have a PC. I had to factory reset mine and it works fine for browsing and emulating but can't play NFS Most Wanted and the like. Lost all my saves but oh well, at least it still works... well, two thirds of it works...
Edit: [Q] Nexus 7 password lock/crack screen workaround please? - xda-developers
OTG keyboard and or mouse might work as well...
Last edited by atinimaedigresyl; 02-20-2013 at 02:41 PM.
- By revtech in forum VerizonReplies: 28Last Post: 12-21-2012, 02:44 AM
- By Ed_Strong in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 12Last Post: 08-11-2012, 08:27 PM
- By mkfryan in forum Epic 4G Touch Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 08-09-2012, 02:55 PM
- By Possum15 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
- By mrdavis55 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 18Last Post: 02-01-2011, 09:47 AM