Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I want to change the email address displayed on my Nexus 7 - is that possible?

Ok, I just got a Nexus 7 as a gift. So far I really like it, but I don't love it, too difficult to watch videos and what not. I was kind of hoping to be able to use it as an extra TV type device, and I may be able to do that some day, but I haven't had a chance to mess with it enough.

All I want to be able to do right now is set up the e-mail function to show a different e-mail address. I tried to call Google for help, but that got me no where...

Let me explain further.

I have a verizon.net e-mail address, nobody knows that e-mail address, I never use it.
    I have a pobox.com e-mail address, that is the e-mail address I use and everybody knows, but it really isn't a real e-mail address, it just forwards to my verizon e-mail (and my blackberry).
    I currently have my blackberry and outlook on my laptop to display the @pobox.com e-mail.
    So if you send me an e-mail to my pobox.com e-mail, it floats through the ether ends up a pobox.com, they check it for spam, then they send it to my verizon.com account, and my blackberry account.
    If i reply to that e-mail from my blackberry or my laptop, when you get it, it looks like it came from my pobox.com account.
    So if you reply to my reply, your e-mail software sends another e-mail to pobox.com.
    Beautiful and functional...

On my Nexus 7, when I set it up the installed e-mail app to download e-mails from verizon, that works, but if i send an e-mail or reply to an e-mail, the recipient sees my verizon.net e-mail address.

All I want to do is get the Nexus 7 to send the pobox.com e-mail address instead so when the recipient on the other end hits reply, the e-mails go to pobox.com.
    Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance,
    JAG

Default Re: I want to change the email address displayed on my Nexus 7 - is that possible?

GENERALLY speaking, email clients have a "reply to" setting whereby people will automatically reply to whatever address you have chosen to put in that box.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I want to change the email address displayed on my Nexus 7 - is that possible?

This is the kind of thing I am looking for, but I can't find a setting for that in the native mail client on my Nexus 7. Is there a seting for that and I just can't find it?

JAG
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

In found Aqua mail that has a reply to option and seems to be working well so far...

JAG