Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Nexus 7 owner here got a couple questions

The battery indicator thing says I've been on over 2 days on battery. I want to get an accurate time I've spent on my N7 would I have to let the battery drain all the way before the indicator resets? What's androids version of jail breaking? Is it safe to do? Also anything I should know as a new owner and first android product ever? Thanks

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

Default Re: New Nexus 7 owner here got a couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss_13 View Post
    The battery indicator thing says I've been on over 2 days on battery. I want to get an accurate time I've spent on my N7 would I have to let the battery drain all the way before the indicator resets? What's androids version of jail breaking? Is it safe to do? Also anything I should know as a new owner and first android product ever? Thanks
    1. battery indicator shows the life left on your charge but not necessarily the amount of screen time you have used -- and this will show movement in a positive direction when you start to charge.
    GSam Battery Monitor is a nice tool -- free app... shows your total screen on time, battery usage left, what apps have been using power, and several other things.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd

2. Android's version of jailbreaking = rooting. There is a section on this forum and you can Bing tons of information on it (man, I can't even type that with a straight face... google it )

3. New owner and first android product? "You've taken your first step in a step into a larger world"