Hardware or Software issue? Nexus 7 going back to Asus for 3rd repair.

justcrusin

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
So I bought my Nexus 7 about a month ago. After receiving I realized that there was a problem with the display. When waking from sleep and switching between apps the display slowly increases or decreases brightness. It does it to the point where you can count the number of times that it increases or decreases. It's been sent to Asus twice and both times they have replaced the display and it still has the issue. This is with auto brightness off and the brightness set low. With auto brightness on the display seems to adjust itself every 10 seconds or so but it is not as noticeable as with auto brightness off.

Asus will not exchange the tablet so I have to send it back a third time. Is this really a hardware problem or am I dealing with a software issue? This happens on both 4.1 and 4.2.

Thanks in advance!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So I bought my Nexus 7 about a month ago. After receiving I realized that there was a problem with the display. When waking from sleep and switching between apps the display slowly increases or decreases brightness. It does it to the point where you can count the number of times that it increases or decreases. It's been sent to Asus twice and both times they have replaced the display and it still has the issue. This is with auto brightness off and the brightness set low. With auto brightness on the display seems to adjust itself every 10 seconds or so but it is not as noticeable as with auto brightness off.

Asus will not exchange the tablet so I have to send it back a third time. Is this really a hardware problem or am I dealing with a software issue? This happens on both 4.1 and 4.2.

Thanks in advance!

If you only had it a month at the time was it to late to return for an exchange where you got it? Just curious. Good luck. Probably something wrong with the light sensors or actual hardware problem. Seems they will just replace the screen again. I would speak to someone higher up.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463