File deletion problem

shadwellal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I used my Nexus 7 to back up my photos from an SD card on holiday. Yesterday I deleted these using my PC via USB. Shortly afterwards, when disconnected from the PC, the top left of the screen showed that the deleted files were all back with the message "download complete" for all of them. I used Astro file manager, found the files and deleted them again. Now I get them all showing as downloaded again every 5 minutes or so, but if I search for them or try to find them now using Asrto File Manager they're not there (even if I select "show hidden files"). Any help would be much appreciated.

shadwellal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
you didn't happen to put them into some kind of cloud storage service that would download them to your device?

No - definitely not - but now they're not even being downloaded - I just get the message that they've all been downloaded every few minutes - hundreds of file names with lots of little download arrows at the top of the screen, but the files don't seem to be on the device any more.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
This likely isn't the solution, but try going to Settings > Accounts > Google > [your email account], and uncheck Google Photos and maybe even Instant Upload.

Also, do you have any other apps installed that might have a connection to this? Photo apps, cloud apps, etc.?

shadwellal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried unchecking Google Photos and Instant Upload - problem still persisting. The only photo app is RawPal gallery and the photos are no longer showing in there.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
You may want to clear the cache on your N7, or perhaps simply rebooting will fix things. Also, maybe changing USB mode to MTP will make a difference, assuming it's not already set as such (as opposed to PTP). Finally, try connecting to your computer again and see what happens. These are all shots in the dark, of course, but do no harm.

shadwellal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've tried rebooting, and the N7 is in MTP mode. Just tried clearing the cache and so far 15 minutes with no problem. Hope that might have done the trick -many thanks if so! Will report back shortly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret