What is everyone's favourite phone to pair with a Nexus 7?

Tim Corcoran

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has any particular views on which android phones work particularly well with the Nexus 7? I should note that I'm in the UK and have a wi-fi only device, so I'd be looking to use my phone as a tethered modem a lot, and I want really good seemless integration as far as possible. bluetooth, nfc all mandatory requirements!

Any views gratefully received.

Montymobile

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The best phone to pair wth the nexus 7 imho is its little sister the nexus 4 . Getting blistering download speeds on 3 UK and the phone has a stock wifi hotspot app.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a good ol HTC desire and that tethers fine no problems, most account stuff can be linked via Google anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hoppy063

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
HTC One X....Orange UK Bluetooth tethering with my N7 works well and NFC between the 2 devices works well too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Montymobile

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about pairing it with any phone as you need to detemine how fast the phone can download. The reason I advocated the Nexus 4 is because Tim is on 3 UK which supports DC HSPA. The nexus 4 is DC HSPSA compatable .

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Times like today, makes me happy that I have both a phone and a tablet with cellular capabilities because my DSL quit working a while ago. I'm using my phone to tether my computer and my N7 switched over to the cell network automatically.

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the android version your phone is on is the more important factor. I was going from my Original Moto Droid/Milestone to my N7 and back and forth. It was a tech shock.

JackiusD

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The best phone to pair wth the nexus 7 imho is its little sister the nexus 4 . Getting blistering download speeds on 3 UK and the phone has a stock wifi hotspot app.

I am doing the exact same thing, no complaints at all, 3 seem to be sorting themselves out, turning out to be a good network to be with.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I love my RAZR MAXX because its got great battery life and can act as a modem for a long time when I'm out and about and need connectivity to my Nexus 7 or laptop in a somewhat remote location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance