Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help - Tablet survey

I am a mature student doing a survey on reading on tablets and e-readers for my degree. Even if you dont read on your device your responses are still valid.

I would really appreciate if some of you lovely forum users would kindly participate. Your responses are completely anonymous and the only personal information required is your age category.

You can access the survey here:

Id love to offer a prize for one lucky participant but you will all just have to bask in the glow of my eternal gratitude

Many thanks

Default Re: Please help - Tablet survey

Done, good luck.

Done, I hope you'll come back with the results once the survey is completed. Also I am going to post a link to the survey on my FB page, and send a direct link to my cousin who is a school principal to see if we can get you more responses.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Darth Spock likes this.

Done. Good luck with your degree. And yes, please come back after you've analyzed the results.

I have done it as well, id like to see how it turns out too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

Also done.

Alan

done deal.

Done. Although I have to admit that I did it partly to explore the kiwisurveys site--Had several occasions in the past where I wanted to do a survey at work and just kind of let it go because it seemed like it was going to be a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by FrazzledStudent View Post
    Id love to offer a prize for one lucky participant but you will all just have to bask in the glow of my eternal gratitude ...
    I'm feelin' the glow... :-)

One item in the survey - when asking about 'ease of use' for reading e-books, I have two readers (Kindle Keyboard and Nexus 7 and there was no way in the survey to rate both devices. (The Kindle is a better, IMHO, e-reader than the Nexus (screen shows up better in daylight, battery life is longer, there are buttons for turning pages on either side of the device so that it can easily be "read" one handed, etc.).

I hope you get a large enough sample pool in your survey to make the findings worthwhile!

Regards,

Jim

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    done deal.
    I love your profile pic.. Lol..
    But anyways, done!

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fmrvette View Post

One item in the survey - when asking about 'ease of use' for reading e-books, I have two readers (Kindle Keyboard and Nexus 7 and there was no way in the survey to rate both devices. (The Kindle is a better, IMHO, e-reader than the Nexus (screen shows up better in daylight, battery life is longer, there are buttons for turning pages on either side of the device so that it can easily be "read" one handed, etc.).

I hope you get a large enough sample pool in your survey to make the findings worthwhile!

Regards,

Jim
    Jim,

Just to make sure you know it, in the options you should be able to set the volume button to turn the page up/down.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmrvette View Post

Regards,

Jim
    Agreed! I have a Kindle Touch and my Nexus. I am enjoying reading on the Nexus indoors, but when summer comes, I will use the Touch outside. I also get distracted easier on the Nexus.

I read 82 books in 2012, so both of them are used a LOT.

I wondered why there were no questions about using the tablet with library books.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    tmaze likes this.

Done. I also hope you can update us on the results (yeah, look at her asking to make the poor student even more frazzled! )

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Done

Sent from my technology induced Haze.

I was not able to get passed question 27* none of the answers fit for me. The only reason I don't read e-books is because I don't have an e-reader. I have 3 tablets but reading on one is like using the car to get to your friends house next door imo. I would be happy to get a good e-reader if they didn't over charge for them without including some real good features but till then I am perfectly happy with paper or audio books. Plus paper books actually have equity. E-books are like printing money legally I can't believe the prices they charge for them still. I mean come-on when you buy most e-books you legally can't print it now that is just ReTaRtEd.

In the immortal words of Slartibartfast "I would rather be happy than right any day."

Done. Best of luck to you and for your survey and degree.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I can't say I've ever read an ebook with my tablet. I found that your choices for reasons why I don't, didn't include a lack of time...or perhaps I don't set aside time to do so. You can delete my Do not enjoy reading response from your survey.....because I actually don't mind reading, I just don't do it very often....I have a lot of other things going on.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Done and done.

Finished! Have a good one!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Took it. Good luck.

Answered the survey as honestly as possible
    Best of luck with your degree, I know it's an enormous amount of work

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Done. Good luck
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Done. Best of luck.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast