Sons stolen nexus 7

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I installed plan b but how do I push it to my stolen Nexus 7 please?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Go to the Play Store on your Desktop. Go to the page for the Plan B app and look to the left. You should see a green box that says something like "this app is compatible with all your devices" or something to that effect. Click that drop down menu and select Nexus & as the deviec you want to install it on.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Knowing who took it...go get it back. The nerve. When I was growing up our friends would never think of stealing

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Knowing who took it...go get it back. The nerve. When I was growing up our friends would never think of stealing

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

If you know who stole it, go to the police.

If you read the first comment, it says that is was stolen FROM a friend not stolen BY a friend. I have to say though, I'd put that friend up high on my suspect list :)

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
If you read the first comment, it says that is was stolen FROM a friend not stolen BY a friend. I have to say though, I'd put that friend up high on my suspect list :)

Tom

It is hard to give this thread much creditability. Note the avatar on the original post and the later calling of the friend a douche. You have the story of a friend of a friend stealing "her" sons nexus 7. Then in later posts you have a "SonDan" answering in place of the OP. Then there is another thread on this forum (url for that thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2619035) which that "SonDan" says:
I left my N7 in the rest room Thursday on my lunch break.. Went back to work and then while packing up to go home realized my purse felt too light because the N7 was missing
Rushed back to the ladies room, checked the reception desk and NO Tablet.

Called Google support to deactivate but they said they only do it for missing/stolen shipments on new devices.

Google suggested I call ASUS. They would not deactivate either. They told me to register at their site then use their device tracker. I did this only to
discover that the tracker kept telling me to enter a valid serial number over and over again. I entered my serial # in upper case,lowercase over and over and over to no avail.

This morning I took my case number and called Asus back asking for help with the eavice tracker not accepting my serial #. After much
ado I am told the serial number is vaid but I should send them a police report. I said that I was told prior to track the device and
once I had a location I could call the police to report.BUT THE TRACKER WONT WORK.

I asked for someone to help me make the device tracker work and was told that they had no phone number for that support.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Customer service reps drive me crazy. I hung up. Am going out tablet-less to
treat myself to lunch and mourn my loss.

If anyone has any suggestions before I try to round up $300 for a new N73g I am all ears.

Thanks for reading. I really needed to vent.

Now I have to ask, why did SonDan go into a ladies restroom, and what happened to the story about a friend of a friend stealing the nexus 7?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
It is hard to give this thread much creditability. Note the avatar on the original post and the later calling of the friend a douche. You have the story of a friend of a friend stealing "her" sons nexus 7. Then in later posts you have a "SonDan" answering in place of the OP. Then there is another thread on this forum (url for that thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2619035) which that "SonDan" says:

[excerpt deleted]

Now I have to ask, why did SonDan go into a ladies restroom, and what happened to the story about a friend of a friend stealing the nexus 7?

I agree that much of original thread sounds suspect, however "SonDan" never claimed to be the OP's son in question, plus the avatar leads me to believe that this user is possibly female (even if the name would suggest otherwise to someone who speaks English). If "SonDan" did also have an N7 stolen, I can see why this thread would interest him/her as well.

Here's what I say... If I let someone "borrow" something of mine, and they don't bring it back, it's on them. Doesn't matter to me if it was stolen, lost, broken, etc...it was in your care, so it's your responsibility to replace.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
This is comical. Half the thread respondents are legitimately discussing how to get tracking apps onto a lost device, and the other half are conspiracy theorists, discussing everything from this being a hoax, to is the friend actually the thief or simply a douche, to whether another forum member is a man posing as a woman, or is actually the OP or maybe even the son of the OP. Very entertaining, these conspiracy mongers, but of little value.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Did the op ever state if they found the tablet or reported it stolen? Wonder if any of the methods mentioned to locate it worked.

Sent from my amazing HTC

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
This is comical. Half the thread respondents are legitimately discussing how to get tracking apps onto a lost device, and the other half are conspiracy theorists, discussing everything from this being a hoax, to is the friend actually the thief or simply a douche, to whether another forum member is a man posing as a woman, or is actually the OP or maybe even the son of the OP. Very entertaining, these conspiracy mongers, but of little value.
Well without the OP giving any updates on the situation that's all they can do.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Tom

I would treat it the same - anytime you lend a "friend" something, this "friend" must assume 100% responsibility for it's return/condition.

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
It is hard to give this thread much creditability. Note the avatar on the original post and the later calling of the friend a ******. You have the story of a friend of a friend stealing "her" sons nexus 7. Then in later posts you have a "SonDan" answering in place of the OP. Then there is another thread on this forum (url for that thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2619035) which that "SonDan" says:
I left my N7 in the rest room Thursday on my lunch break.. Went back to work and then while packing up to go home realized my purse felt too light because the N7 was missing
Rushed back to the ladies room, checked the reception desk and NO Tablet.

Called Google support to deactivate but they said they only do it for missing/stolen shipments on new devices.

Google suggested I call ASUS. They would not deactivate either. They told me to register at their site then use their device tracker. I did this only to
discover that the tracker kept telling me to enter a valid serial number over and over again. I entered my serial # in upper case,lowercase over and over and over to no avail.

This morning I took my case number and called Asus back asking for help with the eavice tracker not accepting my serial #. After much
ado I am told the serial number is vaid but I should send them a police report. I said that I was told prior to track the device and
once I had a location I could call the police to report.BUT THE TRACKER WONT WORK.

I asked for someone to help me make the device tracker work and was told that they had no phone number for that support.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Customer service reps drive me crazy. I hung up. Am going out tablet-less to
treat myself to lunch and mourn my loss.

If anyone has any suggestions before I try to round up $300 for a new N73g I am all ears.

Thanks for reading. I really needed to vent.

I went in the restroom for the same reason you probably do Mr. Troll. I am not related or involved with OP but had a similar event in that my Nexus was stolen. Why is that not credible?

I posted here for tea and sympathy and any advice that might be offered. If you have any suggestions on retrieval of my stolen item do tell. Otherwise just ignore the thread if it confuses you that much and keep it moving.

SonDan (BTW, I am a female hence my avatar)

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Her friend used to be a jet of liquid applied to a body part or cavity, but because of the Forum's etiquette or language rules, her friend is now a ******. Ironically, ****** implies much worse language than the juvenile and silly original word that was used. I suppose name calling is name calling, though, regardless of how it's spelled.

Nick Degand

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Type into Google Android device manager and login with the same google account that was registered to sync with device

Last edited by a moderator: