Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Angry Sons stolen nexus 7

    How can I track my sons Nexus 7 tablet that was just stolen from a "FRIEND"???? I have all his warranty info and the #'s I registered it with.........my son is in tears !!!!!!PLEASE TELL ME I CAN DO SOMETHING!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Did he install Lookout Mobile or AVG? (Or similar app as they can locate the device if its connected to WiFi.)

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    I dont think so.....ive looked up all the info i could on google play about his apps and I dont think we ever did.............IM SO SCREWED HUH???
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Well if location services are on you could try Google Latitude which runs through Google maps.... That way if your lucky and its connected to WiFi it might show where its been? I'm not sure

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    thank you so much dude...............my friend is a ****** and my sons just broke up about it!!! Hes only 13! Thanks again!!!
    haydnmorgan11 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Did you report it to the police? I guess that's really all you can do now. The police can do a process of elimination and see who came in and out during the time frame the nexus was at his friends and go from there.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    There is an app called Plan B. Install it from the computer, if the phone I still on and working it should work.

    ~¤°Holliewood°¤~
    ~*Purple Android*~
    haydnmorgan11 likes this.
  8. #8  
    ziffos's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    The POLICE option MUST be your best choice - go down that road and they will at least help if possible - you will also need to have reported it to the police to ensure your insurance company helps with the replacement.
    gnr_2 likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    The police are not worth a penny IMHO. The best you can hope for now is that your son may have learned a valuable lesson at this early age. I know its devastating but children have no respect for their possessions nowadays if he did he would not have lent it. I am sorry for your loss. But just one thing are you covered on your house insurance ??? many people would be.
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Stolen from a friend? I would be confronting that friend and getting my property back one way or another..if you know who has it then no reason you shouldn't get it back.

    Sent from my amazing HTC
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by royal hussar View Post
    The police are not worth a penny IMHO. The best you can hope for now is that your son may have learned a valuable lesson at this early age. I know its devastating but children have no respect for their possessions nowadays if he did he would not have lent it. I am sorry for your loss. But just one thing are you covered on your house insurance ??? many people would be.
    It's a low probability play but it's still worth filing a police report for the small chance it shows up. Also, many insurance policies want a police report for the claim, but to be honest the cost of a replacement N7 may be less than the deductible for homeowner or renter insurance. But if it was purchased with a card that has purchase protection, that's usually no deductible.

    Also, if the thief is stupid and the N7 is still associated with your Play Store account, you may be able to push an app like Plan B to track the location.
    Last edited by Unicorn Rancher; 02-25-2013 at 11:39 AM.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by royal hussar View Post
    The best you can hope for now is that your son may have learned a valuable lesson at this early age. I know its devastating but children have no respect for their possessions nowadays if he did he would not have lent it.
    That's a rather harsh assumption and statement. Nowhere in her post did the OP state the specific circumstances of the theft. So don't blame it on the child, and don't even blame it on the friend. Perhaps, just perhaps, we should blame the theft on the thief.
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Lester View Post
    thank you so much dude...............my friend is a ****** and my sons just broke up about it!!! Hes only 13! Thanks again!!!
    The op did state that her friend was a ****** which would lead us to think it was a boyfriend or ex that possibly stole it from her son...that's why the previous poster had probably been a bit harsh.

    Sent from my amazing HTC
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    It's a low probability play but it's still worth filing a police report for the small chance it shows up. Also, many insurance policies want a police report for the claim, but to be honest the cost of a replacement N7 may be less than the deductible for homeowner or renter insurance. But if it was purchased with a card that has purchase protection, that's usually no deductible.

    Also, if the thief is stupid and the N7 is still associated with your Play Store account, you may be able to push an app like Plan B to track the location.
    Doesn't seem low if they know who took it.

    Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    The op did state that her friend was a ****** which would lead us to think it was a boyfriend or ex that possibly stole it from her son...that's why the previous poster had probably been a bit harsh.
    No, what it leads up to believe is that she thinks her friend is a ******.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    No, what it leads up to believe is that she thinks her friend is a ******.
    Or her son's friend.

    Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    No, what it leads up to believe is that she thinks her friend is a ******.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    Or her son's friend.

    Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    The important thing is that we know someone is a ******
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



    Unicorn Rancher and gnr_2 like this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    are you sure you didn't misplace it?
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Plan B
    Lookout Mobile Security

  20. #20  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Hey Michele, how about an update?
    Thanked by 2:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleAndroid View Post
    There is an app called Plan B. Install it from the computer, if the phone I still on and working it should work.

    ~¤°Holliewood°¤~
    I installed plan b but how do I push it to my stolen Nexus 7 please?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Proud Member of #TeamAndroid!
  22. #22  
    CaMelGuY1337's Avatar

    Posts
    1,309 Posts
    ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by SonDan View Post
    I installed plan b but how do I push it to my stolen Nexus 7 please?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Go to the Play Store on your Desktop. Go to the page for the Plan B app and look to the left. You should see a green box that says something like "this app is compatible with all your devices" or something to that effect. Click that drop down menu and select Nexus & as the deviec you want to install it on.
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Knowing who took it...go get it back. The nerve. When I was growing up our friends would never think of stealing

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  24. #24  
    WordPainter's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    If you know who stole it, go to the police.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Sons stolen nexus 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Knowing who took it...go get it back. The nerve. When I was growing up our friends would never think of stealing

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by WordPainter View Post
    If you know who stole it, go to the police.
    If you read the first comment, it says that is was stolen FROM a friend not stolen BY a friend. I have to say though, I'd put that friend up high on my suspect list :-)

    Tom

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Security software advice - what to do when Nexus get's stolen or lost
    By mavdb in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 03:02 AM
  2. App For Lost Or Stolen Nexus
    By njb52 in forum Google Nexus 10 Tablet
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 07:33 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 07:30 PM
  4. choose me pls to get nexus 7 for my son tnx :-)
    By monching21 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 11:59 PM
  5. My Nexus One got stolen: is a Nexus S the best replacement?
    By e30ernest in forum T-Mobile Nexus S
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

B