Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    JR A's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts

    Default Should I Buy Now or Wait a While?

    I will eventually need a tablet. I don't direly need one at this very second, but eventually I will need one.

    I've been considering the Nexus 7 because it's stock Android, and available in HSPA+, which radio connectivity is very important as I will be using this out in the field away from office wifi (and if I can avoid it, I don't want to turn my phone into a hotspot). I wouldn't mind a bigger tablet, just as long as it has radio connectivity, which the Nexus 10 does not unfortunately.


    The Nexus 7 32GB HSPA+ is going for $300 on the Play Store. Should I just bite the bullet and get it now? Or, wait til the next iteration comes out and either buy the new one or buy a cheaper second-hand previous generation (depending if the new gen is actually worth it)?

    Is there any news of upcoming Nexus tablets? I'm okay with waiting a month or two, as I am getting by using my Android phone, but I have been needing a bigger screen as explaining things on a small 4" screen is starting to hinder my work.
  2. #2  
    talonsmith's Avatar

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Should I Buy Now or Wait a While?

    It is going to be June, July before the next version is out because the Google I/O is at the end of May.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    JR A's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I Buy Now or Wait a While?

    Quote Originally Posted by talonsmith View Post
    It is going to be June, July before the next version is out because the Google I/O is at the end of May.
    Well, I guess that answers my question.

    I'll just bite the bullet now, and if the next gen is worth it, I'll sell and use the money to upgrade...
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Should I Buy Now or Wait a While?

    Quote Originally Posted by JR A View Post
    Well, I guess that answers my question.

    I'll just bite the bullet now, and if the next gen is worth it, I'll sell and use the money to upgrade...
    i think it will be worth it. rumor says it will have thinner bezel, better processor,higher resolution and best of all KLP at release.
    but you have to wait for 3 months

Similar Threads

  1. Should I buy now, or wait?
    By Haas in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 11:17 AM
  2. Buy now or wait?
    By fuqele in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 11:10 AM
  3. Upgrade Advise--Buy Now or Wait?
    By person5323 in forum Verizon
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 06:51 PM
  4. Droid Incredible HELP!! Buy now or wait????
    By JoeC44 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 01:19 PM
  5. sprint user: buy now or wait
    By acidbuzz3 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 07:37 AM

Posting Permissions

B