NEXUS 7 - DON'T BUY, here is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb5525

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I know my way around in Android operating systems pretty good, I am not one of those "one in a million" cases. I have owned several android devices, The worst of which is the ***NEXUS 7***, That's right! when I first got it I was dismayed that there was no :1 rear camera, 2. No LED, 3, no HDMI, 4 NO SD Micro slot!!@!!!! O MG! then two months after purchase it quit talking a charge. everyone online says its software related, [language]! Its the mini USB charging/data port. on regular cell phones the mini USB will become "loose" from use. Its a crummy design. not built for every day usage, especially if it is Always plugged in cause it uses more electricity than it takes in! ALWAYS ON THE CHARGER!! the mini USB port comes loose from the main board just enough to stop the flow of that precious electricity. That's Not all Folks, I call customer service. I talk to them, they were very nice. I was told that I was to receive an email giving me the site I would need to navigate to , to secure my replacement tablet. I got the email, went to the site and guess what I saw... it was an order form to BUY my new Nexus 7!!!! O MG!! I am dissatisfied with the product the first time! Ya think I want to plop down another two bills to have the same thing happen( the engineering is the same). I am VERY dismayed at the product and how the company refuses to acknowledge the issue by shown no support on the topic. no recall, improper customer service...etc. I think there should be a class action law suit against Google/ Asus.
If you are debating on if the sound name of Google or Asus or even Nexus would be the right purchase for you, check out the Samsung Galaxy tab first.

Last edited by a moderator:

hurricanedt

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
You are right about the lack of features, however, that is what makes this tablet so cheap. And honestly, I don't care about any of the features you mentioned. However, there are different needs for different people. You obviously need to look elsewhere for a tablet, because your wants in a tablet are different than mine. But for me, this is the best tablet ever. I've had it for 6 months and no hardware issues. There is surely going to be the bad units, that happens with every device.

Bottom line, what is bad for you might not necessarily bad to everyone else.

I am a happy camper with my N7, and there are many people here who agree, and many people who disagree, which is ok :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hurricanedt

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and before you buy a device, it is always good to do extensive research on it. You need to know the product you are buying.

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Pb5525-I'm not judging. Maybe just an over site on your part, but for someone who has owned android products in the past, why would you buy a Nexus 7. Maybe you didn't do enough research. It wasn't like anyone was hiding what the Nexus 7 could and couldn't do. The specks were clearly explained on the Nexus 7. Like the previous poster said, not all devices are made the same and different people have different needs. It sounds as if you are more upset about what the Nexus can't do more than the charger not working. So please don't bash a device because it hasn't met your needs. Also did your warranty run out? My customers service experience has been nothing but positive. As in any place of business there are good employees as well as bad. There are knowledgeable employees and some, not so much. I would keep calling until I have a satisfactory solution in hand. One thing I am is persistent. If this is still an issue, sell it on eBay and try to redeem some of your money. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 10

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
So I totally got this iPad mini and the rear facing camera took terrible pictures, the MP were too small, the resolution was terrible, the glass broke after a week because it was too fragile and the lack of ram meant multi tasking was terrible.....everyone has different experiences with everything, sorry about yours, the N7 still stands as a magnificent tablet in my heart.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
You start off saying you know your way around Android and this isn't a "one in a million" case, then cause me to believe the exact opposite.

1. I can't believe you were actually shocked that the Nexus 7 didn't have a camera, LED flash, or microSD slot when you got it. You spent $200 on a product you hardly knew anything about.

2. It's $200! You cannot buy a better tablet for that price even now.

3. It's Micro-USB. As a pro-Android user, you should know the difference between Mini- and Micro-USB.

4. I haven't had a single problem with the Micro-USB connector, and I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with theirs. I'm not saying there aren't people who have had that problem, I'm saying that makes your case a "one in a million" one.

5. I recommend the Nexus 7 to anyone who wants a really good tablet for a low price.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You start off saying you know your way around Android and this isn't a "one in a million" case, then cause me to believe the exact opposite.

1. I can't believe you were actually shocked that the Nexus 7 didn't have a camera, LED flash, or microSD slot when you got it. You spent $200 on a product you hardly knew anything about.

2. It's $200! You cannot buy a better tablet for that price even now.

3. It's Micro-USB. As a pro-Android user, you should know the difference between Mini- and Micro-USB.

4. I haven't had a single problem with the Micro-USB connector, and I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with theirs. I'm not saying there aren't people who have had that problem, I'm saying that makes your case a "one in a million" one.

5. I recommend the Nexus 7 to anyone who wants a really good tablet for a low price.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000
read the post and was like "how do you know around Android when you have no idea what N7 dont have before you bought it?"

[ Moderator edit. ]

Last edited by a moderator:

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I know my way around in Android operating systems pretty good, I am not one of those "one .......
If you are debating on if the sound name of Google or Asus or even Nexus would be the right purchase for you, check out the Samsung Galaxy tab first.

Gtab can't even touch the nexus 7. It has the specs of a three year old phone.

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm just going to say ditto to everyone else's responses. I first had an acer 10inch and it was good but it had a fall. I wasn't too thrilled with holding and a playing games on a 10 inch tablet. So my wife suggested I try this cheap zeki tablet. It has everything you want micro sd, mini hdmi etc and oh yea it is the most frustrating tablet to ever do anything with. So this time I went straight nexus while I do miss the hdmi I knew I would be giving this up. since having this tablet there is no complaints it is awesome. I have the 32 gb and I have plenty of space. It's called upload your music to Google music.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I paid $250 for a 16GB N7 that was lowered to $199. I am still very happy and have had no issues. The N7 won the G3 Gagget tablet and top device of the year. Sorry you had a different experience.

Next time do your homework before you buy something since I knew every feature you complained about two weeks before the 1st N7 ever shipped from the factory.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
How do u buy something and not know what features it has and doesn't have? No camera,led,micro SD slot is not googles fault, that's your fault for assuming.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to say ditto to everyone else's responses. I first had an acer 10inch and it was good but it had a fall. I wasn't too thrilled with holding and a playing games on a 10 inch tablet. So my wife suggested I try this cheap zeki tablet. It has everything you want micro sd, mini hdmi etc and oh yea it is the most frustrating tablet to ever do anything with. So this time I went straight nexus while I do miss the hdmi I knew I would be giving this up. since having this tablet there is no complaints it is awesome. I have the 32 gb and I have plenty of space. It's called upload your music to Google music.

That's the thing I love so much about nexus devices they are simple and they work, it seems like Google waits for all the OEMs to experiment and possibly fail with crazy new innovations. When Google makes something and puts their stamp approval on it, it's their seal approval for mainstream use. Not too mention any nexus device I have used has been way more versatile as a development device than any other I have ever seen or used.

HisSvt76

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by pb5525
I know my way around in Android operating systems pretty good, I am not one of those "one .......
Gtab can't even touch the nexus 7. It has the specs of a three year old phone.

I own a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and a nexus 7 the nexus is leaps and bounds better. FOR YOUR INFO OP the sgt2 SD slot is useless can't install apps to it. And the screen is slower by quite a bit compared to the N7. And in games and all out speed it is no comparison either. In fact my phone is faster SGS2, and the phone can install apps to sd as well.

It is the best tablet in its price range. I replaced my laptop with my n7 and don't miss anything even my sell business printer has a app that works great.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
No need for insults or language here. I'm closing this thread because I don't see this conversation going too far while staying productive, but in the future let's keep the discussion civilized, mature, and on-topic.

Regarding the original subject of this thread, it's important to do your research before purchasing a device ? even though there may be a return window after purchase. Make sure you know the capabilities and limitations of a device before you purchase it, to avoid any unnecessary problems or surprises once you get it.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol