NEXUS 7 - DO BUY! Here is why...?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello all! ^___^

First off, I would like to say that the Nexus 7 tablet is one of those devices that are under priced! Best bang for your buck.

Here are the reasons why YOU should purchase a Nexus 7 tablet!

The first biggest reason would be PRICE. Yes that is correct. At $199 for a 16GB (provided by Google Play?) you can NOT beat the price for what the Nexus 7 has to offer.
Second reason is the FORM FACTOR. Some like it big, some like it small (that's what she said? ʕ ?ᴥ?ʔ) but the Nexus 7 seems to be JUSSST RIGHT. Not too small (like a phone) but not too large to use awkwardly during a commute. And it fits in your pockets! (say whaaaa?? (/ .□.)\ ︵╰(゜Д゜)╯︵ /(.□. \) )
Third, HARDWARE. Sure it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles like a SD Card slot, Rear facing Camera, LED, HDMI, etc. BUT what it lacks in those features more than make up for with internal hardware specs as well as the ANDROID experience. Coming with the latest and greatest Android software, Jelly Bean and (speculatively) Key Lime Pie and future Android updates! And don't forget about that NVIDIA TEGRA 3, 1280x800 (216 ppi), NFC, front camera, 4325mAH battery and more! (also just a quick note, doing a quick research (google play>devices) You'll see what you are getting for that $199)
Last but not LEAST, fourth reason is... USER EXPERIENCE! As I said above, it comes with the latest and greatest (as of writing this) Jelly bean! 4.2.2! And with Android you can do SO much. Which is the true beauty (but a double edged sword if you're not using your head). Sure iOS has very good tablet optimized apps but they are very tight on what you can or can't do. And the good news is that Google Play store is growing. FAST! So just hang tight and we'll get there! You can customize literally ANYTHING you want (given that you're rooted :p) But if you aren't rooted you can STILL customize a LOT of things, especially if you use a launcher such as Apex and/or Nova launcher! (Both of which I would highly recommend!)

This is not the BEST tablet out there but it is one of the BEST bang for your buck tablet! If you do not want to spend 400+ on a tablet, I'm looking at you apple...(σ・・)σ and still want quality build with the best open operating system, then the nexus 7 is the best choice for you! Sure you can buy a 7" tablet for 70-100 on Ebay but... why?

And a quick why it's NOT for you:
If you want a ton of storage and you are in need of a micro sd card of some sort. *cough* OTG cable w/ hard/flash drive*cough*
Need a good rear facing camera (i don't see a reason for this tbh..)
LED flash (again.. no need for this if your phone already has one.. or better yet buy a $5 flashlight..)
HDMI
and you still think the 7" is too small (understandable)

Where to buy: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...us/?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=Xz2JtIZx

Thanks for reading! I know that was a lot so here is a special reward! ~~~~> ☆.。.:*・?☆.。.:*・?☆.。.:*・?☆.。.:*・?☆\(^O^)/☆.。.:*・?☆.。.:*・?☆.。.:*・?☆.。.:*・?☆

nexusdsc05220-1340897858.jpg

Last edited:

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Very tempted, but still have an OG Kindle Fire getting the job done so I think I'll wait til the next Nexus 7...by then it'll definitely be time to upgrade.

Hopefully they'll maintain their pricing structure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You da MAN.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

(☞゚∀゚)☞

High five, man!

し(*・∀・) (Row row fight the powa!!)

Very tempted, but still have an OG Kindle Fire getting the job done so I think I'll wait til the next Nexus 7...by then it'll definitely be time to upgrade.

Yes if I had a tablet I would do the same, but it will definitely be a Nexus 7! :D
And yes, it has been rumored that they will keep it the same price! How? Apparently they are swapping out the tegra chip and using a snapdragon, which will overall, be cheaper to manufacture etc. So keep your fingers crossed!

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I closed and cleaned up that other thread for a reason, but this thread does have valid points about the merit of the Nexus 7. I'll leave it open as long as we all stay on topic and mature. Deal? Deal.

Personally, I love my Nexus 7. I can't find it right now... but I do love it.

Edit: I can't grammar at night. :)

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I closed and cleaned up that other thread for a reason, but this thread does have valid points about the merit of the Nexus 7. I'll leave it open as long as we all stay on topic and mature. Deal? Deal.

Personally, I love my Nexus 7. I can't find it right now... but I do love it.

Edit: I can't grammar at night. :)

You sir/madam got a deal.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a 32gb Nexus 7 in January and gave my Tab 10.1 to my wife. We both win.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had 2 Nexus 7s, an original 8GB and then a 32. You are right you can't beat the value. It's a well made tablet also and has a good look and feel to it. Yes it has some compromises, BUT it works well despite the few little things it's missing (namely rear camera, SD card slot, and HDMI out). I have since traded away or sold mine, but that does not mean I did not love them. Of course what do I know, I still love my BB PlayBook! ;)

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Another vote to buy! I've had my 32GB plus cellular N7 for just about a week now and I love this thing, I am amazed at the colors on the display and what I can do with this compared to what I could do with an iPhone.

I do have bad AT&T data speeds at home so I have a T-Mobile sim being delivered today so I can switch over to T-Mobile. I will extremely happy once I get that activated. T-Mobile is the best out of the other carriers where I live.

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
My fiance got me a Nexus 7 for christmas and I'll say it's the best device I've ever owned. I sold my laptop because I felt I no longer needed it. What I do need is a second one because she keeps stealing it from me to play games! lol

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I gave my two sisters and my mom Nexus 7 tablets for Christmas and they are more than happy. They aren't even Android users but they have nothing but good things to say about the Nexus 7. BTW I love my Nexus 7.

OP thanks for this thread!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
let me tell you this when nexus 7 first came out I was not fully sold on the back design, then i went to walmart to take a look at it.

I instantly fell in love.

papasurf

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
"BARCELONA - The best smartphone of 2012 is the Samsung Galaxy S III. The best entry-level phone, the Nokia Asha 305. And the "best tablet" was the Google Nexus 7. So say the 2013 Global Mobile Awards, the official awards announced at the annual Mobile World Congress tradeshow."
Well, according to some it is the best tablet :)

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
"BARCELONA - The best smartphone of 2012 is the Samsung Galaxy S III. The best entry-level phone, the Nokia Asha 305. And the "best tablet" was the Google Nexus 7. So say the 2013 Global Mobile Awards, the official awards announced at the annual Mobile World Congress tradeshow."
Well, according to some it is the best tablet :)

At first I thought you were spam. Then it got relevant. +1

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
At first I thought you were spam. Then it got relevant. +1

I had to read it twice before I caught the Nexus 7 reference. ;)

It certainly deserves the "best tablet" title. I'd consider the Nexus 10 equally impressive, but in my mind it's in a different category than the Nexus 7; the 10 and 7 are used in very different ways in my experience.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I had to read it twice before I caught the Nexus 7 reference. ;)

It certainly deserves the "best tablet" title. I'd consider the Nexus 10 equally impressive, but in my mind it's in a different category than the Nexus 7; the 10 and 7 are used in very different ways in my experience.

You're absolutely right. They aren't in the same category despite the fact that they are both tablets. Technically speaking smartphones are tablets too. ONLY difference is that they have a cellular network hooked up. For the 7 inch category, Nexus 7 is top dog. At least until it gets cannibalized by the next generation Nexus 7..

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

I have the OG Fire, but the carousel drives me insane. I did install Go on it, but DH wanted to get his Runner's World on it, and kept stealing it...so I got the N7 (I am an only child and do not share well ;-)). I absolutely love it. When I pick up the Fire these days, it seems very bulky and heavy to me, and not nearly as comfortable to hold in the hand as the N7.

So now I'm going to hold off, but I think when the next generation of the Nexus comes out, I may get a 10" for his magazine (and 'cause I want one and the magazine is a good excuse).