4.2.2 starting to lag

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Starting to get some lag on my N7 32 gig. Running 4.2.2

Most noticeable when the lock screen comes up. If it needs to rotate it is taking 3-5 seconds before it rotates.

I cleared all cache and it didn't help. I have 6.93 internal storage free and 335 ram.

Also the screen is not timing out and locking. It's set to 5 minutes. Just stays running.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes didn't seem to help. I think the screen timeout issue is a wakelock, but I don't know how to look at those on my n7. With my old froyo tablet there was a system app.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
do you have an app that monitors app CPU/RAM usage? You can try watchdog if you don't.

There might be a recently installed app that is doing it.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, well wakelock isn't going to cause your device to lag. That app is to help address your lag issues, not wakelock.

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
OK, well wakelock isn't going to cause your device to lag. That app is to help address your lag issues, not wakelock.

Ok thanks for the help. I am trying to tackle both issues. I have been watching the cpu usage and stuff and I just don't see anything causing excessive usage of cpu. I wonder if ram is the issue?

PS I did find something for the wake locks. I had to purchase Better Battery Status. I find it funny that Froyo had a built in system app that would show all this info and Jelly Bean does not.

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I tracked down 2 seconds of rotate lag to the touchdown current event widget on my home screen.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you run a 3rd party launcher? I've found with Nova Launcher on my N7 every couple of months or so it really starts to slow the thing down. I back up the settings, uninstall and re-instlal Nova Launcher and it is fine again.

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
No I am rooted and unlocked but running stock 4.2.2 launcher.