How to change the default calendar for making appointments with voice recognition

GetGravitas

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If I use Google Now on my Nexus 7 to say, "Make a new appointment on March 20 to meet Bill", the appoinment gets saved to the calendar associated with my Gmail account.

I also have my Nexus 7 synced to my Hotmail calendar and have no trouble saving appointments there with my Nexus 7 -- except using the method above. It doesn't work. If I create the appointment any other way, I have a chance to edit it before it's saved and I can choose which calendar I want it to go in. But when I use voice recognition, the appointment gets saved instantly without asking me to confirm any details, and it gets saved to the Gmail calendar, which is not where I want it to go. I only use the Hotmail calendar, for everything.

How do I get the tablet to treat the Hotmail calendar as the default when using voice recognition to make appointments?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
"Google now" is a Google service and will work seamlessly with Google services like Google calendar,email etc.

it will not work with hotmail or any other account added to it.

google cant do it unless hotmail(MS) work with google to expose the feature. and its never going to happen. Google cant do anything here.

So, No its not possible.

GetGravitas

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

So sad. My Nexus 7 has no difficulty saving to my Hotmail calendar if I'm given the chance to edit the appointment before it's saved. But if I give it a complete enough voice instruction that it doesn't have to ask for confirmation, it always goes to my 'other' calendar.

:(

Greg Lamb

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
So does that mean that Google Now won't display cards for my next work appointment from my work exchange calendar? I don't use my gmail account as my main email or calendar account but if I do switch from iOS, Now is a feature that is pushing me to look at Android, I want the Google Now service to be able to look at my work life as well as personal life. What's the use of it only doing half the job?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze