How: control how 'system UI' uses the GPS
I noticed while indoors recently that my N7 was searching for GPS continuously for over an hour which I assume was draining my battery faster...
I assumed that it would timeout but it never stopped until I went outside.
I long-pressed on the notification tray item and selected App Info to see which app was the offending party and found that it was 'system UI' with a jelly bean icon...
Is there any way to set a timeout or figure out why it is searching for GPS?
Are there any apps to control this annoying behavior?
If there isn't a remedy, how do I change the permission to force the system to ask for permission to access the GPS?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- 03-06-2013, 10:45 AM #2
- 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM #3
- 08-13-2013, 05:29 AM #4
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: How: control how 'system UI' uses the sim card
Hello I need help with my phone I have no sim card in it so this sim card icon is sitting there on my status bar but when I long press it it sends me to the systems UI Q. How can I get that off without messing something up
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 132Last Post: 01-31-2014, 07:08 AM
- By mssca in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
- By expidia in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 6Last Post: 06-28-2011, 08:14 AM
- By dburr in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:20 PM
- By Fat Fingers in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 21Last Post: 02-20-2010, 06:32 PM