when is new nexus 7 coming out with what specs and what price.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering when new Nexus 7 tablet is supposed to be released. Right now I have Blackberry Playbook but I do not use it as much anymore since I got myself Blackberry Z10. Browsing is pretty painful now compared to ultra fast internet browsing on Z10. Z10 is the awesome phone and it blows competition out of the water with its efficiency,multitasking,hub and peak. I am waiting for BB10 to come out on Playbook but if it does not come soon I will look at N7 again. I did have N7 for a while and browsing speeds were excellent and overall it was really good product. I did return it because of speakers and camera but i hope new generation of N7 will fix these shortcomings. Do you know when this tablet is coming out and what will be the specs and price ?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering when new Nexus 7 tablet is supposed to be released. Right now I have Blackberry Playbook but I do not use it as much anymore since I got myself Blackberry Z10. Browsing is pretty painful now compared to ultra fast internet browsing on Z10. Z10 is the awesome phone and it blows competition out of the water with its efficiency,multitasking,hub and peak. I am waiting for BB10 to come out on Playbook but if it does not come soon I will look at N7 again. I did have N7 for a while and browsing speeds were excellent and overall it was really good product. I did return it because of speakers and camera but i hope new generation of N7 will fix these shortcomings. Do you know when this tablet is coming out and what will be the specs and price ?

The new Nexus 7 hasn't even been announced so nothing is certain yet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My guess is something will be announced at Google io in late may and generally available in late June or July.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't expect anything official before I/O at the earliest but my question is do they even need to release a Gen2 with a faster processor or higher resolution screen this year? They already doubled the memory for the $199 & $249 models, and introduced a HSPA+ model for $299., during the first year

And the screen is already better than the iPad mini. :D :D

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
The N4 is snappier than the N7 and maybe it would benefit from a faster processor and rear camera, but it won't be enough for me to get a newer version.

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
It is only going to be evolutionary not revolutionary, so if you are going to wait 3-4 months for it that is up to you. Keep an eye on the current new tablet introductions that should give you a rough estimate.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm also going to get the next version of the nexus 7 whenever it's released. I'm very happy with my current nexus 7 but I know the next version is going to be awesome and it can only get better. I don't care about a camera but if the Ram got bumped up to 2gb that would be nice and also Android 5.0. Looking forward to this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't expect anything official before I/O at the earliest but my question is do they even need to release a Gen2 with a faster processor or higher resolution screen this year? They already doubled the memory for the $199 & $249 models, and introduced a HSPA+ model for $299., during the first year

And the screen is already better than the iPad mini. :D :D

I just want decent speakers and rear camera. it would be great if nexus 7 has a little bit bigger screen due to non-removable control bar. it takes away space on small screen.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just want decent speakers and rear camera. it would be great if nexus 7 has a little bit bigger screen due to non-removable control bar. it takes away space on small screen.

Unless they offer an alternate, more expensive model, I doubt we'll be seeing a rear cam. I wanted one badly, but I've resorted to taking pics on my smartphone and transferring them via bluetooth into the tablet; time-consuming, but it gets the job done. For what the device is, those might be considered superfluous expenses.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I love my Nexus 7 but the only feature that will get me to replace it with another tablet would be Miracast or WiDi.

Sent from my Nexus 7.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm also going to get the next version of the nexus 7 whenever it's released. I'm very happy with my current nexus 7 but I know the next version is going to be awesome and it can only get better. I don't care about a camera but if the Ram got bumped up to 2gb that would be nice and also Android 5.0. Looking forward to this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Nexus 7 will get 5.0 anyway, it's a nexus device so it'll get all the updates for several years.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd bet the n7 ll will have a rear camera AND hdmi out. Its needs to add those abilities to keep up. Right now it's a great tablet but very basic. The OS is superior to IOS That 's in my ipad3 and ipad mini.