1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Watch YouTube offline?

Is it possible to watch YouTube videos without internet connection on nexus 7.not pre load, but download for offline viewing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Watch YouTube offline?

Tubemate from the Amazon appstore.
    Thanked by:

Google Play Store doesn't allow apps that download from YouTube, as it violates the terms of service for YouTube (but, as far as I know, not copyright terms). Since they own YouTube, I guess they're a little sensitive about this.

However, as the previous poster recommended, you can download an app that can indeed download YouTube videos. You just have to download it from another app store that for some odd reason doesn't care if it has apps that violate Google's terms of service. Amazon, have you no respect for your competitor?

Another alternative is an app called jetVD, made by jetAudio. It works quite well. I've only found it available at SlideME Market. Don't worry, it's a legitimate alternative site for apps, just like Amazon, mainly intended for those without access to the Play Store. You can download apps directly from their website , or download their market app here .

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greenstone View Post
    Is it possible to watch YouTube videos without internet connection on nexus 7.not pre load, but download for offline viewing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I often use this to help me download youtube videos on my pc and then enjoy the videos on my htc one x. Useful. You can do it in the same way and then you can enjoy the youtube videos offline on your Nexus 7.

I like . It's very easy to use, and you can choose what kind of format to download it into.

here is the easiest way without any root :

There is another, Google approved, method of watching YouTube videos while offline (kind of), and it doesn't involve a third party app. This also means you won't be using an app that violates YouTube's terms of service (though I think it's only the developer of the app who is violating the terms, not the user). The method is built right into the YouTube app. It doesnt officially support true offline viewing (I think it's intended to work with a poor connection), though I have gotten it to work without WiFi.

1. Open the YouTube app while online.
    2. Go to Menu (3 vertical dots in the upper right corner) > Settings > Preloading.
    3. Place a checkmark in the "Preload watch later" box.
    4. Choose a video to watch. It will automatically start playing, but you can pause it if you want to.
    5. Tap the + icon (a plus sign within a small, white box) that is located above the video. The "Add to" window will pop up.
    6. Tap the "Watch later" option. A notification will appear, telling you the video has been added to your watch later playlist.
    7. At this point, you can continue watching the video or watch a different video, or, I think, close the YouTube app. The video you chose to watch later will be downloaded in the background and saved to some obscure location on your device. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell when the download has completed, though the activity indicator on your WiFi icon might give you a small clue. The video can only be played back by the YouTube app.

So, that's how you download (preload) it. To watch it, you're supposed still have some sort of internet connection, even a very weak one. This is because the app needs to have you signed into your account, I think. But what I've found is that if you don't exit the YouTube app before going offline, you should be able to play the videos you preloaded, even after you're offline (maybe, possibly, perhaps). I've gotten this to work, but it's kind of funky.

1. Swipe the screen to the right to reveal your account and channels panel. Under Account, tap your account name. Your account page will appear.
    2. Tap the "Watch later" box. The "Watch later" page will appear.
    3. You'll see a list of all the videos you marked as "watch later". Those videos which you also preloaded should have a green download arrow in the lower right corner of their shortcut box. While online, tap a video in the list, let it play for a few seconds, then go back to the list and do the same for the other videos. Don't exit the YouTube app.
    4. Later, when you are offline, you should be able to go to the "Watch later" page and watch each video that you preloaded, as long as the green download arrow icon is showing next to the video (maybe, possibly, perhaps).
    5. To remove the video from your "watch later" playlist, go to the "Watch later" list. Tap the download arrow, then tap the "Remove" option that pops up.

Or download one of those YouTube downloader apps. They work really well!
    Thanked by:
    liljew 

To watch the youtube offline, you need to download the youtube videos.And there are many mays to do it, such as youtube download program, youtube download app and others.I just want to recommend you the .
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com

Oh whoopy Do all this is fine unless you live in the United Knigdom where Amazon dont think anyone exhists.All we get is sorry due to your geographical location this app is not permitted for download. So if anyone has something that works over here we would be very greatful....

Quote Originally Posted by royal hussar View Post
    Oh whoopy Do all this is fine unless you live in the United Knigdom where Amazon dont think anyone exhists.All we get is sorry due to your geographical location this app is not permitted for download. So if anyone has something that works over here we would be very greatful....
    See my first post above regarding SlideMe Market.
    Thanked by:

Thank you will give it a go..:-)

I always chicken out when the text, this application will harm your device, shows up...

perfect! thanks a lot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by royal hussar View Post
    I always chicken out when the text, this application will harm your device, shows up...
    That's exactly what I was gonna say. I've never used apps from Amazon before. I went into settings and checked "allow apps from unknown sources" and then went to download the Tubemate app and the scary message came up and i backed out.

I'm guessing it's completely safe to download regardless of that message??