Shut down apps but not really?

Pain999

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Only had a N7 for a day now but I am puzzled by the way the apps shut down. Like if I am using a streaming app like Pandora or TuneIn and I go to the running programs page and slide it out of view. I thought it was closing down that app, however it keeps on playing music. It even seems to keep on playing in sleep mode so are there many apps running in the background killing my battery? If I use the sound off mode is that just turning the sound all the way down but the app is still running?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes some apps your still need to manually go into the setting or a sub menu of the application and look for a CLOSE or SHUT DOWN option. But normally returning to your home screen and then pulling up your recent apps list and " swiping " away the app kills the process....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Swiping away apps in the Recent Apps list does NOT kill the app--it just reduces the clutter in your list. Music apps won't close if you have music playing, because they're assuming that you want to keep listening in the background, even when the screen is off. In order to stop most music apps, you need to stop the music that's playing first.

Keep in mind that with Android, it's not effective to kill apps unless they're misbehaving and using too much CPU or battery. Android will often restart an app you just stopped because it thinks you might need to open it again soon, and keeping it in RAM allows it to open more quickly when you need it. If more RAM is needed for another process, Android will automatically kill a less-needed app to make room.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1