Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chad rhoades
  • 1 Post By wunderbar
  • 1 Post By Diknak
  • 1 Post By fisherking3k
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switching to a Nexus 7, how to move my iTunes library?

I will be buying a Nexus 7 shortly and have ALL my music and movies in iTunes. Is there an easy way to move the content over I want and still be able to access my iTunes library for my iPods etc. I do have some DRM Protected content. I have seen there are programs that will remove that. I have also seen advice to burn to a CD then rip it back into my laptop. I have also seen advice to move stuff into Google Play but I have heard that only works if you have wifi connection so would be no use if between spots. Sorry for all the questions but the Android world is foreign but I'm sick of paying top dollars for Apple gear and getting less in return.
    Paula Threlfall likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Default Re: Switching to a Nexus 7, how to move my iTunes library?

Quote Originally Posted by chad rhoades View Post
    I will be buying a Nexus 7 shortly and have ALL my music and movies in iTunes. Is there an easy way to move the content over I want and still be able to access my iTunes library for my iPods etc. I do have some DRM Protected content. I have seen there are programs that will remove that. I have also seen advice to burn to a CD then rip it back into my laptop. I have also seen advice to move stuff into Google Play but I have heard that only works if you have wifi connection so would be no use if between spots. Sorry for all the questions but the Android world is foreign but I'm sick of paying top dollars for Apple gear and getting less in return.
    Removing DRM? Don't even try to start a conversation about that here.

All non-DRM content? Just install the Google Music Manager and have it point to where your iTunes music (music only, movies need not apply) is. Everything will upload to the cloud. If you want to listen offline, just pin it in the Play Music player.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    Jaysus 

Video is tricky, as it is all DRM'd to hell. You will not find any discussion on how to remove DRM from any type of content here as removing DRM is illegal, at least in the United States.

As for music, unless it is all music that was purchased from iTunes back in 2004, it should be completely DRM free. The best/easiest thing to do is to download the Google music manager to your computer, and you can point it to iTunes and it will upload everything. I actually still buy almost all of my music through iTunes and it just goes to Google Music automagically.

Music in Google Music lives in the cloud, but on the device you can "pin" things, which is Google-speak for "save locally to the device" which means you can store it on the device and play it when you don't have a wifi connection.
    Zapflashgone likes this.

I personally like Amazon for music because it is cheaper. They also have a cloud music app that lets you download to the device locally.
    dougiefresh66 likes this.

Cool Re: Switching to a Nexus 7, how to move my iTunes library?

First of all, there is no DRM on any reasonably current music you buy through iTunes. If you have a lot of DRM'd music, spend $29 for an annual subscription to iCloud. Apple will happily convert most all of your older DRM'd music to the non-DRM iTunes Plus format.

Cheap, fast, easy and legal. I had a ton of music (thousands of songs). Seems I got the free trial, fully intending to cancel, but the cloud backup is great, and you can also stream your music to the $99 AppleTV (really DLNA? You don't support the leading format in the known universe? I have to convert everything to mp3. I don't think so!). And of course to your iPad (I have one of those too, along with a Nexus 7}.

Now for your Android device(s) (I also have a Samsung Galaxy S3), iSyncr is the perfect app -- syncing all your music and play lists right from iTunes. Support the developer, and pay a little bit for the wifi version. Rock solid choice. These devices really can all play nice together. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Just install the Google Music Manager and have it point to where your iTunes music (music only, movies need not apply) is. Everything will upload to the cloud. If you want to listen offline, just pin it in the Play Music player.
    That

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

If you want to move a playlist directly to your N7, select highlight the songs in iTunes and drag it into a new folder on your desktop. Then just move that folder to your N7.

I used media monkey.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Try iSyncr. Its really good at syncing music from iTunes to any android device.

Posted via Android Central App

how to move my iTunes library

Quote Originally Posted by clay shannon View Post
    how to move my iTunes library
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you read through this thread? There are some pretty good suggestions here.

download this: ; then plug your N7 into usb port on your mac. then drag the albums/songs you want from iTunes directly into the MUSIC folder on your M7. this is how i get movies/photos/music onto my N7.... (movies into MOVIES, etc...)
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

You can set things up to auto-transfer:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4