- 321 Posts
Left side of screen 1 frozen pixel and light "glow"
So i noticed that the very left side of my screen has this light glow to it, when held in portrait mode with the camera at the top. I can really notice it especially on black screens. So when i'm in the settings or haven't opened a tab yet on chrome. And this goes the entire length of the screen top to bottom.
I've also noticed there is one pixel that is stuck white. I'm wondering if this would be covered by the warranty? I wasn't sure how long the warranty went either? If it is at least 1 year that would be great as i bought it mid July last year.
Has anyone else had an issue like this? When i get home tonight i'll take a picture with my phone and post it up here. All i have to say is its VERY obvious.
- 03-13-2013, 12:03 PM #2
- 932 Posts
Re: Left side of screen 1 frozen pixel and light "glow"
You have screen/light bleed and a dead/stuck pixel. If you look at the warranty, I'm pretty sure it covers the number of dead/stuck pixels required for warranty to kick in...and I'm pretty sure it's more than one. That being said, people have certainly returned their devices with one dead pixel so you can try your luck if these issues are important enough to you. And yes, the manufacturer's warranty is one year.
- 321 Posts
- By Deertrot in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 12-17-2012, 08:01 PM
- By Ed Witles in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 12Last Post: 02-08-2012, 10:40 AM
- By jruizisenberg in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 8Last Post: 04-13-2011, 05:47 PM
- By mooshubob in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 09-16-2010, 06:47 PM
- By cmilviper in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 21Last Post: 06-19-2010, 02:58 PM