FB issues on the N7

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to force FB to desktop mode? I've tried that setting on Chrome but still get the gimp mobile version.

Also how can the inline mobile ads be blocked? Adfree doesn't stop them.

Last edited:

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't help with forcing it into desktop mode, but you won't be able to block the ads, because they are not ads in the way that you see them in other android apps. They are from Facebook, and simply appear as another story in your timeline in the mobile site, no different than if you posted your own picture or status.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I just tried setting Facebook to desktop mode, and it works fine for me. Are you checking the "Request desktop site" box from the drop down menu in Chrome?

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I am, but still get the m.facebook address.

Edit: deleted the bookmark and shut down Chrome - still didn't work until I did a complete reboot.

It shouldn't be this difficult.

Last edited:

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
They are from Facebook, and simply appear as another story in your timeline in the mobile site, no different than if you posted your own picture or status.

Thought so but hoped someone had developed a block for elements featuring "pages you might like" or similar.

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
If you bookmarked the mobile version, then no matter how often you click 'desktop mode,' it's still going to give you the mobile site, since that's the one you bookmarked.

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to force FB to desktop mode?
There is. Log into the mobile version. Click the menu button on the top right. Scroll down to the bottom and there should be a link for the Desktop Site. That will then load the full version.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I use Firefox and installed an adblock plugin. I don't get any of the ads on the right side of the screen and the inline ads that appear as stories are also blocked just as they are on my Mac.