Can I use Nexus 7 as a netbook replacement for notes?

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I go to college and I need to be able to take notes in .docx, pptx, and pdf formats. Would this be possible with a N7+ Bluetooth keyboard? Maybe I can use Kignsoft office and Adobe reader to edit the lecture files?

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I know there's Adobe Reader in the Play Store. Apparently, DOCX, PPTX and PDF formats are supported by default, thus not requiring any application from the Play Store. I tried editing a PDF file, and it didn't edit. Maybe it'll work with a different one, but I know you can edit DOCX, since you can run it in the Text Editor via Astro File Manager. You can try looking for full-featured applications like this on the Play Store to help you edit documents, presentations and PDF files. Try looking for each a PDF, presentation and document editor separately if you need to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Hoppy063

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Kingsoft Office will edit and save pptx and docx but although you can view PDF you can't edit them, the same as if you have adobe reader on a laptop or netbook you would need adobe professional to edit PDF.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I use OfficeSuite Pro 7 on my Nexus 7. It does word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations/slide shows and included a bundled PDF viewer. I also use a Belkin bluetooth keyboard/tray that essentially looks like a laptop and when you pop it open, you can slide the Nexus in where the monitor would be on a laptop. The keyboard is comfortable to use for extended typing sessions and since it is bluetooth there aren't any wires. The only problem I would ever have is occassionally my fingers would brush against the screen and nail the back button. But besides me being clumsy, it works super well.

However, I did end up getting a Chromebook to go with my Nexus 7 because I got tired of squinting at the small screen. I think it would probably work a lot better with a Nexus 10 as a full-on replacement because of the extra screen size...that or I just need to get some glasses lol.

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. And by edit a PDF I meant adding annotations or notes to the slides. This is a feature you can do with the free Adobe Reader app on Play store (Just press and hold somewhere on the document).

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys. And by edit a PDF I meant adding annotations or notes to the slides. This is a feature you can do with the free Adobe Reader app on Play store (Just press and hold somewhere on the document).
use ezpdf reader. it has tons of pdf features. worth spending a dollar for it