Steps to tether via BT from N7 to Razr?

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I need some help guys. I've been trying to connect my N7 (JB 4.2.?) to my Razr (JB 4.1.2) via BT to get out to internet when I'm not at home. I've got the two devices to pair, but the N7 won't route its internet traffic over to my Razr. Maybe I'm missing something or my steps are wrong. Does anyone have a Razr that they've successfully paired with their N7? What are your steps?

Thank you!!!

Last edited:

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go in to Tethering and mobile hotspot setting s on phone and at bottom you will see BT tethering. Enable it and pair devices. It should work. If not, try unpairing devices and pair again

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried that, but the new Jelly Bean 4.2 on my Razr won't let me do this. It wanted me to subscribe to Verizon's Hotspot $30/month option. :/

Go in to Tethering and mobile hotspot setting s on phone and at bottom you will see BT tethering. Enable it and pair devices. It should work. If not, try unpairing devices and pair again

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah, are you on an unlimited plan? If not, sounds like for whatever reason your plan doesn't have hotspot activated thru Verizon. You may have to root or maybe just call Verizon. May be a clerical error. If not search forums. There are plenty of alternatives to get hotspot enabled without carrier knowledge. Mine works with 4.2 hotspot and bt sharing but my company has it enabled from Verizon.

Sent from my Note 10.1

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
yes, I'm still on the unlimited plan. Are they turn off BT tethering for unlimited plans?

Ah, are you on an unlimited plan? If not, sounds like for whatever reason your plan doesn't have hotspot activated thru Verizon. You may have to root or maybe just call Verizon. May be a clerical error. If not search forums. There are plenty of alternatives to get hotspot enabled without carrier knowledge. Mine works with 4.2 hotspot and bt sharing but my company has it enabled from Verizon.

Sent from my Note 10.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs