Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Uniquely unable to connect to Wifi (Google Services)

Every time I turn on my N7 whether from of mode or sleep mode I have to reset my wifi on my N7 32GB wifi+3G.
    I show grey data and wifi icons. I have to go into wifi settings, click off then in a few seconds click on. Almost immediately I get the Blue wifi icon and can do everything from Web surfing to Google Play and to Gmail. This happens whether I have AT&T data on our off or activated or not. Currently I have no active data plan. I pay as needed in a monthly payment.

Has anyone noticed this with their wifi only oh wifi plus 3G?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: Uniquely unable to connect to Wifi (Google Services)

This just started happening on my Atrix phone yesterday, using the wifi at work ... gray bars and bands, indicating Google Services not working. Working fine paired with the home wifi. The only common thread between us is AT&T, though I do have a data plan. Home and work wifi connected to Time Warner.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue58 View Post
    This just started happening on my Atrix phone yesterday, using the wifi at work ... gray bars and bands, indicating Google Services not working. Working fine paired with the home wifi. The only common thread between us is AT&T, though I do have a data plan. Home and work wifi connected to Time Warner.
    I don't keep my AT&T data on even if I pay prepaid for the month. I only use it when I am out of my house.

But that said I still have to fool around with the wifi on the N7 every time I turn it on. It happens even if the power has not been off but it is sleeping.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

Have you tried Settings > Wifi > Menu (3 vertical dots upper right) > Advanced > Keep wifi on during sleep - Always?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Groid View Post
    Have you tried Settings > Wifi > Menu (3 vertical dots upper right) > Advanced > Keep wifi on during sleep - Always?
    I checked that setting and yes it is just as you say... Thanks

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3