Free Books on Google Play? Please Help ...

mandalund

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
On Google Play the only way I see to browse free books is the category "Top Free Books" and I was kind of disappointed that in only shows about 150 books. I did a little research and found there is supposedly a million or so free books... This is where my question comes in ...

Are there other ways or other options to browse all free books? I know there is a search button but it doesn't help because I'm not looking for a specific title. It would be perfect if all the free books were listed by category ... Or some way that would make it fun and easy ...

... That's what disappointed me most about Google Play. You would think that since it is Google it would be more organized and easy.

Anyway, Sorry for posting this here, I just don't know what other forums there are. I'm still pretty new at tablets lol. I got my nexus 7 for XMas and it's my very first tablet so I'm still learning as I go along.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the answer but my disappointment with books on the Play Store is the number of "free books" that are only a few chapters, not complete books. :(

I now get my e-books, free and paid, from Amazon or directly from publishers' websites. If you like SF, Baen had some good ones, but it's a sparse selection now while they transition to a new system.

Griff88

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
my disappointment with books on the Play Store is the number of "free books" that are only a few chapters, not complete books. :(

I think you're confused. The "free" books are complete books.

It sounds like you're confusing the free books with the "preview" option which gives you a chapter or two only before prompting you to buy the complete book.

atgreen

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
You might try Gutenburg.org, manybooks.com, or feedbooks.com. All of these have a lot (1000's) of classic, out of print books if that's what you're looking for. Manybooks is my favorite. For us old guys these are good. For you young guys - who knows. I have no experience with free books other than these. I access these collections through Aldiko, the ereader I use.

sampoodle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You might try Gutenburg.org, manybooks.com, or feedbooks.com.

What's the right URL for manybooks.com, please? I typed it and landed on an "kitchen sink" site!

EDIT: I found the answer, it is manybooks.net, not .com

Last edited:

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the "free" preview chapters on Google Books too. James Patterson is the worst offender offering 20+ chapters of his books for free and the last few for the full price of the book. But in fairness he does that at Amazon too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar