Should I buy now.......or wait

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the market for a tablet and since owning the nexus 4, I want to only buy nexus products. I want a 7 inch nexus tablet which I know I can buy now for 199, but with May approaching, I'm sure a new 7 inch tablet is on the horizon. It's not a dire necessity to get the tablet now but May seems soooo far away (LOL). Any advice/suggestions?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the market for a tablet and since owning the nexus 4, I want to only buy nexus products. I want a 7 inch nexus tablet which I know I can buy now for 199, but with May approaching, I'm sure a new 7 inch tablet is on the horizon. It's not a dire necessity to get the tablet now but May seems soooo far away (LOL). Any advice/suggestions?

Buy one now and see what happens. When the next tablet is released then sell your Nexus 7!

abel920

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Wait.

I waited for mine until it went on sale for $40 off, and my dad gave me a $35 gift card for Best Buy. I was able to get it for $80 discount with Price Match :)

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Since you said you don't need it, I would wait. No point spending the money now on something you don't need, only to be disappointed in a few months when a new one comes out. Probably will launch with the same prices, and your "old" N7 won't be worth much.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think I will wait. I have some time and I would hate to buy one now knowing a new one will be released in a couple of months. Thanks for the responses.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It's probably more like July until it's for sale. The question is how much it's worth to use it for the next 3-4 months, compared to how much it's worth (to you) for some unknown enhancements in 2.0 N7 If you buy a refurb, you can probably sell it after 2.0 is released for $25-50 less than you pay now.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
1 sale a day has an 8gb right now for $140 shipped. I got one for my kids. Cheaper than... pretty much anything at that spec.