Powered on?

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there any other way of determining whether or not my Nexus 7 is powered on, besides pressing the power button? I usually power off to conserve battery since I only use it a couple of times a day. I sometimes forget if I powered down, so I press the power button to check and if it was off, it will power on. Is there no other way to check whether its still on?

Thanks in advance for any insight regarding my unusual complaint.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
No, there is no power indicator light on the N7. You have to press the power button to check it's status.

However, I think if you plug in the USB cable or a headphone jack, the screen comes to life if already powered on. I suppose you could also check if the IP address of the N7 is active from your computer or another device, but that doesn't make much sense when you can simply tap the power button.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you sir! I will just make sure I have an earpiece around to check. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You could get a case that has the magnets in it that turn the screen on when you open the case.
^ is the idea I would run with... Poetic Slimline Case for N7 is $13.00 USD from Amazon... turns device on when you open the case, turns it off when you close the case.

poetic10.jpg