Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mbalsaritchie
  • 1 Post By Stormydesignz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What Can I use to play/organize my music?

... Since I've had my Nexus 7 I've been trying to get used to using the play music thing that has the headphones icon but I HATE it. I hate that sometimes music shows up as unknown artist so it ends up in a folder that says unknown artists. I've tried renaming them but honestly I have no idea what I'm doing..

All I want is to organize my music easily. I want to organize my music and have it all in one folder instead of how it is now, with seperate folders for every artist, and then separate folders for each album by that artist.

So, any suggestions? Should I download a music organizer or a different music player or both? All I want is one folder for music and an easy to use music player that just shows all my songs so I can make specific playlists or I can shuffle and have it play all my music, unlike the stupid play music thing on here Cuz when I want to shuffle my music n play it, it never plays all music.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Default Re: What Can I use to play/organize my music?

Spend the 5$ 3.99$ on power amp, you won't regret it.
    Last edited by sooner7; 03-22-2013 at 07:38 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

I use Rocket Player on both my phone and N7. I like just about everything about it. The one frustrating thing is that it forgets playlists I create if I haven't played said playlist in a while. Other than that, it's a great free player.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks! I just looked it up, it actually says its 3.99 for Power Amp Full Version Unlocked. There's a free trial version and that's what I downloaded for now ... I already love it so I'll end up buying it.

After reading this thread I have downloaded power amp, hated the play music one. Thank you.
    sooner7 likes this.

I use the free doubletwist player app, I created 2 playlists. One I stick in downloaded podcasts and the other all my music, the shuffle features works well.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner7 View Post
    Spend the 5$ 3.99$ on power amp, you won't regret it.
    Thanks for the tip! I downloaded the free version and upgraded right away. Love the boost in volume the equalizer gives:-) I've now got all my music organized into play lists & loving my headphones :-D
    sooner7 likes this.

I usually use "folder player". I can choose a file or just go to an directory in "Music" and start a song. It will keep playing songs until "Music" is empty.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Organize and volume level with media monkey on computer then power amp on tablet. ROCKS

I was having the same exact problem with my stock play music app on my Samsung Galaxy S4, I HATED it!! it was even making some songs disappear. after reading this forum i downloaded PowerAmp trial version and i absolutely LOVE it!! I am going to upgrade to the full version when the trial is up. everyone that is having the same problem should go to the play store and install PowerAmp. All your problems with be solved. This app does everything.. it has an equalizer for boosting your volume, you can update album art, and organize your music. i give it 10 stars!

Quote Originally Posted by hithere1212 View Post
    I was having the same exact problem with my stock play music app on my Samsung Galaxy S4, I HATED it!! it was even making some songs disappear. after reading this forum i downloaded PowerAmp trial version and i absolutely LOVE it!! I am going to upgrade to the full version when the trial is up. everyone that is having the same problem should go to the play store and install PowerAmp. All your problems with be solved. This app does everything.. it has an equalizer for boosting your volume, you can update album art, and organize your music. i give it 10 stars!
    Welcome to Android Central! Yes, PowerAmp is very popular for good reason.